Chicago ET Home

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by saxon, Mar 12, 2004.

1. saxon

saxon

With the up-front understanding that I am speaking as only one member of the group, I thought it might be timely to add the following comment to this thread:

As you all know, the organization of this group has been very open and public on the ET board. That makes it easy for someone who comes along to find a read-made target audience for trading related products and services.

However, I for one would like to see this group, and these gatherings, remain strictly social. There are any number of other forums to use for marketing purposes. And I'm pretty sure that people who come to our Friday gatherings are not going to come with the hope of being pitched something, but simply for a cold beer and some conversation.

I just received a PM from somebody who seemed to want to "pitch" the group...so I passed along these thoughts. Others may feel differently. Just my personal view.

Cheers,
    saxon

#51     Apr 14, 2004
  2. titan4

titan4

Are any of you thinking of going to the Eurex Forum?

#52     Apr 15, 2004
  3. Totally Agree with your post. I would be very turned off to see any vendors out "socializing" with us Friday. Enough already...... it often seems like there are more predators than prey in this field.

Looking forward to seeing fellow traders friday evening at Rivers. :)

#53     Apr 15, 2004
  4. Hey, don't take the fun away... if there's no vendors ( especially, brokers ), I've gotta mess around with losers or newbies...

:D

#54     Apr 16, 2004
  5. saxon

saxon

and the clock says 5:00pm...

then it must be MILLER TIME !!

Win, lose, or draw, that means it's time to turn off those screens for the week and head to RIVERS for a cold one with friends!

Hope to see you there,
    saxon

PS. To find the group: I can't find my Yankees cap, so look for a White Sox cap instead.

:)

PPS. This will be the first and last annoucement of these meetings. From now on, they are just every Friday @ 5:00 for as long as people are interested in coming.

I dropped by Rivers for lunch a couple of days ago to check the place out, and that outdoor bar (which they tell me won't be open til May) is AWESOME!! (Even bigger than the indoor bar). PERFECT for summer nights! I'm psyched.

#55     Apr 16, 2004
  6. Transact Futures

Transact Futures Transact Futures

At least you will be bringing the right team hat!

#56     Apr 16, 2004
  7. saxon

saxon

Yeah. The Yankees...??? What was I thinking!

#57     Apr 16, 2004
  8. this weather ain't TOO awesome...!!

FORE!

Ice
    :cool:

#58     Apr 17, 2004
  9. saxon

saxon

For anyone coming this Friday:

The Sox hat didn't work too well for a landmark, so if you don't know anybody in the group, look for me to be sitting at a table near the side entrance of Rivers (not the dining room entrance), in the bar area.

To recognize me: I'm a stunningly handsome guy, with red hair and silver glasses. I'll be wearing a white (casual) shirt and jeans...(and lavender pumps, depending on my mood).

:)

Hope to see you there around 5:00pm,

saxon

#59     Apr 21, 2004
  10. cwjcntr

cwjcntr

Sorry didn't make it out last Friday, dealing with family crises (sp?)

I shall be there this week (fingers crossed) ready to tip ye olde bottle and celebrate the end of a hellish week.

I'll be wearing a BRIGHT RED polo shirt. Can't miss it. I may even wear my 3' afro wig.. Yes, I will wear it. This Friday only.

#60     Apr 21, 2004