Chicago ET Home

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by saxon, Mar 12, 2004.

1. saxon

saxon

The new home of the Chicago ET Club is......

RIVERS

at the Chicago Mercantile Exchange (30 S. Wacker Dr.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Their website is here: www.riversrestaurant.com

Since the choice of location is Rivers, perhaps the day should be Thursdays, since according to Pro_Trader720 (who originally suggested Rivers), Fridays are too crowded.

So let's make the standing date: Thursdays @ 5:00pm.

I will be there for sure, starting next Thursday, the 15th. I'll keep a New York Yankees baseball cap sitting on the bar in front of me, so we can find each other. Try and make it to one of these Thursday gatherings over the next few weeks (so I don't get stood up…hehe). But by all means, come as often as you wish…and bring a friend if you'd like! Doesn't have to be just ET people.

This was kind of a surprise winner for me, since I wasn't really familiar with Rivers. But now that I've checked it out, it looks really COOL!! Especially the outdoor bar overlooking the Chicago River. A great place to sit during the summer and trade war stories…and maybe hear a few from some of those gravel-voiced pit traders before they go extinct!

Great pick, guys. Thanks for everyone's input.

Cheers,
    Saxon

PS. I've attached a copy of the vote tally, if you're interested.

#41     Apr 9, 2004
  2. cwjcntr

cwjcntr

See you guys there!! I'm pumped!

Rivers makes a good killer Maker's Mark drink..... yummy!

:D

happy easter!

#42     Apr 9, 2004
  3. Ahhh... the good ol' MERC...

#43     Apr 9, 2004
  4. For 2 reasons, one selfish.

1. I cannot attend Thurs due to other commitment. :(

2. There is a good reason Friday is more crowded everywhere. Saturday is a much better AM to recover from being out drinking than Fri. :)

#44     Apr 9, 2004
  5. saxon

saxon

Hmm...I was afraid of that. Well, since this was originally proposed as a Friday gathering, I guess the fairest thing is to leave it at that. If Fridays turn out to be too crowded (or too many other people have a conflict with Friday) then we can find another day. Sound ok?

So, without objection...standing date: Fridays @ 5:00pm

See you there,
    saxon

PS. To anyone reading this for the first time, I can't edit my previous post now (1 hour limit), so please don't be confused about the day change.

#45     Apr 9, 2004
  6. :D Hey there! Is this baord still active, and are these the great guys I met for beers a few months ago?

Cheers!

#46     Apr 10, 2004
  7. saxon

saxon

Hey Mark!

Good timing, old man. We've just picked a home bar for our Friday afternoon gatherings: RIVERS, at the Merc building (see p.7 of this thread). The first go at it will be the end of next week...

FRIDAY, APRIL 16th @ 5:00pm

Come and join us if you can, and bring that elusive Joe T with you (he appears and disappears like smoke).

:cool:

Saxon (Everette)

#47     Apr 10, 2004
  8. cwjcntr

cwjcntr

Yep... That would be us... Chivas rox dude!! :D

Happy Easter all.

#48     Apr 11, 2004
  9. Good Choice!!!:D I'll be out of town this Friday, but will definatly be there to join you next week. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

#49     Apr 13, 2004
  10. josbarr

josbarr

Traders´ Forum - sponsored by Eurex and Eurex US

On the occasion of the opening of Eurex and Eurex US's new offices in the landmark Sears Tower, you are invited to join Eurex & Eurex US on April 20th as we explore global trading strategies and new investment opportunities currently unfolding in the dynamic derivatives industry.

Leading industry experts and market participants will be on hand to discuss a variety of topics impacting proprietary traders involved in today's international marketplace.

Speakers will include:
    Russell Wasendorf, Sr., Chairman & CEO, Peregrine Financial Group
    John Hill, Partner, Crabel Capital Management
    Robin Mesch, Analyst, Robin Mesch & Associates
    Panel Moderated by John Lothian, President of Electronic Trading Division, The Price Group. Opening Remarks by Satish Nandapurkar, President and CEO, Eurex US

Date: Tuesday, April 20th
    220 South Michigan Avenue (between Jackson & Adams)
    Chicago
    Time: 4:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m., Reception to follow

Eurex and Eurex US Board Members including Rudolf Ferscha, CEO of Eurex, will be on hand to meet and talk with you.

http://www.eurexus.com/about/company_info/event_traderworkshop.html

#50     Apr 14, 2004