Chicago: Deadliest Global City

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

BTW, we have the strictest gun control laws in the country.

Chicago likes to compare itself to other world cities, so Ward Room thought it would find out how we rank in violence. It turns out no one can top us. Among what are considered Alpha world cities, Chicago has the highest murder rate -- higher even than the Third World metropolises of Mexico City and Sao Paolo. Here’s how we rank in murders per 100,000 among cities we consider our peers, based on a projected murder total of 505 for this year.

Singapore 0.4
    Tokyo 0.5
    Hong Kong 0.6
    Berlin 1.0
    Sydney 1.0
    London 1.4
    Toronto 1.7
    Amsterdam 1.8
    Paris 4.4
    New York 6.0
    Los Angeles 7.5
    Mexico City 8.0
    Moscow 9.6
    Sao Paolo 15.6
    Chicago 19.4

We could be doing worse: Caracas, Venezuela has a murder rate of 130 per 100,000.

Source: http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/ward-room/The-Deadliest-Global-City-163874546.html#ixzz22AkZeK5G

2. Mercor

Mercor

If you break this number down to only the half dozen neighborhoods the shootings are taking place, per capita will fly.

3. jnbadger

jnbadger

The only state where concealed carry isn't allowed. But if it was passed, I'm sure they'd make sure it wasn't allowed in the big city.

4. jnbadger

jnbadger

http://marquettetribune.org/2012/02...events-more-crime-than-it-creates-study-says/

I was pulled over last July doing a modest 78 in a 55 in rural Cheeseland, and when all was said and done, I asked the cop what he thought of the whole conceal and carry law which was about to pass. He said it didn't really effect him personally, since the bad guys are going to have the guns anyway. But he also said that it is about time the citizens of WI have the right to defend themselves outside of the home.

But Mav, please tell us you live close to your office. With all of the flash mob crap and the crime rate, it sounds like an all out shoot out down there.

5. Quit your whining. The mayor has more important things on his mind. Have you not heard of the Chick-Fil-A blow up. It's a major crisis.:eek: Something about gay chickens being sold at half price I think. Gays are calling for equality in chicken pricing or there will be hell to pay. Whatever it is, it's more important than people be shot day in and day out.
    Pay no attention to the story below.
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...outh-sides-20120731,0,5696966.story?track=rss

6. Eight

Eight

Chicago is a perfect storm: gun control and ghettos full of commie-inspired blacks on welfare. Screw these shitholes, I relocated far from them years ago and never regretted it for a moment. Next move, for many reasons, is going to be out of the country to somewhere with healthy food and well educated people.

7. Hmmm. All the East Asian homogeneous cities have the lowest crime

8. Ricter

Ricter

I cannot think of any country like you describe that would be less "commie inspired" than the one you're living in right now.