Chicago BlackHawks Streak

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by nitro, Mar 4, 2013.

1. nitro

nitro

As some of you may be aware, we have something really special going on in Chicago. The Chicago BlackHawks haven't lost a single game! :eek:

So I propose a bet. If the BH lose a game, the entire team has to streak!

Break a streak - Have to streak! :eek:

:D

2. .....through Boystown! :eek: :p

3. Better yet...down MLK

4. Living in Avalanche country, I'm not a fan of Black Hawks.

However, I am a fan of great streaks and records.

LONG LIVE THE STREAK!! Go Hawks!

:D

5. nitro

nitro

Time to streak! :D

People talk about how this is a good thing, that the hawks don't have to answer inane questions of the media anymore about "how fun" the streak is, and blah blah. Look, every team was gunning for the BH, and the BH have had to play a Playoff intensity game for twenty some odd games. The other teams are fresh because being average keeps you fresh, the hawks had to bring it every time becasuse they are exceptional. They are simply tired, and it showed painfully on Friday night. The goalie was nowhere near his best.

The real winners of that streak were the fans that got to watch playoff-intensity style hockey for almost half a season and didn't have to pay outrageous prices to watch it. It is sad not because it ended. It is sad because the games won't have the intensity they used to have FROM THE OPPOSING TEAMs - they raised the level of play just because they were playing a history-making BHs team. Now it's back to normal hockey, until the playoffs that is. The BHs will get a standing ovation the first game they play back at UC.

The question is, will the BHs stay healthy and continue to improve. Just because you are the best team during the regular season doesn't mean you win the SC.

6. nitro

nitro

Expecting Boston to play dirty tonight. Would not be surprised to see gloves come off between Lujic and Bickell.

Imo this rates as one of the hardest fought Stanley Cup in history.

7. nitro

nitro

WOW. I don't know how much more a fan of either team could take. Was that the greatest comeback in a single game in a SC final? Congratulations to an amazing Boston Bruin team. What heart. There is no shame in losing to the best.

Patrick Kane deserves the MVP, zero doubt about it. But my choice would have been Crawford or Keith. So many choices, only one trophy.

8. piezoe

piezoe

The bad ice in Boston made the game less than it should have been. Just my opinion. Congratulations to the Blackhawks, nevertheless.

9. nitro

nitro

The hawks are losing by one with about 1 minute and 30 seconds left! Then this:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/S-h46vxck4g?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

10. nitro

nitro

My god man, the slow choppy ice only benefited the Bruins!

#10     Jun 25, 2013