Chicago Area Prop Firms

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by M Migely, Sep 13, 2006.

1. The technology and expertise has gotten so good that "prop" firms simply don't need to bother asking others to risk their money for them....as in our case, we have a dozen or so of "us" (Brights and friens) who are able to handle a lot of our $$ by ourselves, and still have plenty to give to traders willing to take some risk on their own.

We do train for a small fee, and help launch careers, and back it up with the use of a $million or more of our money....but, as in any business, you (the trader) have to be willing to take some risk of your own...(cheaper than buying a franchise or starting a business from scratch)...low barrier to entry, high $$ potential, but it takes a lot of work and time, and a small amount of money.

FWIW,

Don

Oh yeah, the last time I checked we are still located right above the CBOE at 440 So. LaSalle. :cool:

#11     Sep 24, 2006
  2. Anybody here trading with Kingstree?

#12     Nov 26, 2006
  3. artis74

artis74

Dont pay anyone to train you that is just dumb. There are at least 5 large firms in Chicago who will train you how to spread. The split will be lousy but they will train you.

Marquette Partners is a good place to start.

#13     Nov 26, 2006
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

Bond spreaders are getting killed right now. That's a churn and burn game. Why not learn something with a little more longevity?

#14     Nov 26, 2006
  5. Marquette looks like its not hiring right now. Just wanted to tell you what the website says.

Could be a different situation.

#15     Nov 26, 2006
  6. So what are the "profitable" methods used by these futures prop firms these days (general methodology that is)?

#16     Nov 26, 2006
  7. artis74

artis74

im not a bond trader but the larger places in chicago that hire newbies train to spread bonds for the most part. These are the places that dont require money down in my experience.

I would trade oil calander spreads if I was just starting out but thats just me.

#17     Nov 26, 2006
  8. Yeah bond spreads . . . isn't that what took down LTCM?

crude spreads . . I'd go see MBF in new york .. .

#18     Nov 26, 2006
  9. artis74

artis74

Allot more than bond spreads took down LTCM and just because a large blow up occured doesnt mean it isnt a good trade. How about 2's or 5's v Euro's if you are worried about the FIT or NOB trade?

If you give Mark a dime of your money you deserve what you get and I can assure you it wont be much. Good luck!

#19     Nov 27, 2006
  10. Are there any firms specializing in Arbing the markets? Is that even a viable thing...or is it covered by the blanket term of Spreading. Just curious since I know a ex CBOE spreader/arber....whos quite successful and learned on the floor I guess?

Thanks

#20     Nov 27, 2006