chf oportunity

Discussion in 'Forex' started by martingalaj, Aug 26, 2011.

your opinion

1. chf win more

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. agree

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. chf reverse the trend

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  4. chf is wild now

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. fxgator

fxgator

Nice call there.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

#21     Sep 7, 2011
  2. to haterisk: my idea is chf can recover 10-15% in next weeks

the history show central banks fail mostly of times

good luck!

:)

#22     Sep 7, 2011
  3. Oh, ah, OK.
    Hehe, sorry :p,
    i always think in short times, what will happen the next 2 days.

Then you be right, but before that CHF have to fall much more, then we can buy it .

Good trading :) :) :)

#23     Sep 7, 2011
  4. in this days u only can think in sell chf
    bcoz the trend still down ,but u can make really good money after that when reverse the trend to UP

#24     Sep 7, 2011
  5. Don't know if you have ever been to Switzerland.

Now the situation is like this:
    Everything in this country is much more expensive than in the neighbour countries (e.g. Germany, France, Italy).
    This holds for goods as well as labour.

Switzerland is highly dependend on export (even more than Germany) and Tourism.

EUR/CHF at levels of 1.0, 1.1, even 1.2 are poison for their economy.
    Tourists won't come, Swiss people are buying in the neighbour countries (only 1/2 hour driving away in many parts), export is killed.

Therefore if these levels persist there won't be much left of swiss economy.
    What's a currency worth if the underlying economy is dead?

This CHF upvaluation is a complete bubble with even less substance than the gold bubble.

#25     Sep 8, 2011
  6. whale is caught.

swiss timed the annocement to capture enough shorts to finance eu upswing.

look how vw is doing now thanks to these hedge funds on coke.

#26     Sep 8, 2011
  7. to uexkuell: u right about swiss situation , bubble,etc

but markets are insanes ,irrationals,etc need some security . JPY is not more the best currency to but then buy chf.
    just see gold rally and down movement of stocks

#27     Sep 8, 2011
  8. hi,

so do you thing EURCHF should be at 1.5 in the next 5 months.
    I think could be.
    Now we have that guaranteed minimum of 1.2, so price should minimum trade around 1.3 - 1.4, that swiss economy can recover.
    more than 1.4 or maximum 1.5 , i think is unlikely.

We will see, very interesting.

But now we are in an long term up trend, dont you think. of course it will retest that new bottom of 1.2 a few times before it can go finally up, but then price is over that stones and stays up there.

what do you think about it.

grüzi wohl

#28     Sep 8, 2011
  9. After the SNB decision I entered big time (up) and made some good bucks.

Now I leave some smaller portion on the table (up) and will see where the journey goes.

Never can be sure how irrational the markets can become.
    It wouldn't astonish me too much if someone tried (successfully) to break the 1.20 barrier downwards.

Just wanted to make the point about currency quotes that can't be sustainable in the long run.

Grüessech au.

#29     Sep 9, 2011
  10. BY NEIL SHAH

Hedge funds are considering ways to mount a counterattack against the Swiss National Bank, whose attempt to wrest control of the surging franc caught investors off-guard.

The Swiss franc has dropped about 10% against the euro since the SNB introduced a ceiling on Tuesday to protect Swiss exporters, as a strong currency makes it harder to sell goods overseas. However, the franc was just slightly weaker than its 1.20 francs-to-euro ceiling at 1.2157 francs to the euro in recent trade, a sign the SNB is having to offset demand for the Swiss currency, traders said.

#30     Sep 9, 2011