CHF breaking new records

Discussion in 'Forex' started by luisHK, Aug 9, 2011.

1. luisHK

luisHK

Any comments on EUR.CHF and USD.CHF , equities are rallying today but so is the CHF ?!?

2. Truff

Truff

Yeah, as long as money is going into safe havens like CHF and gold, equities will have a tough time sustaining any rally. IMHO

3. kickout

kickout

False hope for the FOMC (hopefully)...apparently the franc is the preferred haven to the yen....

Nothing the SNB can do either (see the Yen intervention, twice from past seven days, barely registered before it retraced)

4. luisHK

luisHK

It sure seems the market participants still worry quite a bit, and I'm afraid the market dives again tomorrow...

Still, I'm long equities and short CHF, valuation looks really off the charts compared to its historical value.

Planning to average down eur.chf @1.0365 , for medium term hold

5. kickout

kickout

Watch out, averaging down to parity might be a better play...huge psycho level

6. luisHK

luisHK

Thanks for the tip KickOut, it makes sense, although somehow I expect/hope the CHF to kick up before going to parity. I'm really puzzled on how strong it is today, although I'm not used to trade forex.

7. BigSalad

BigSalad

CHF/JPY is interesting as a measure of preference between safe-haven currencies. I'm surprised the NOK is so weak, a great place to short the CHF should surely be CHF/NOK at close to 7.60.

8. 70% of my FX trading is in swiss-yen.

9. fxgator

fxgator

Was pretty cautious on that. Thanks Kickout.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

10. kickout

kickout

yea that pair dropped like a rock today...damn near hit parity.....next few days will be interesting....

CNF is like a pressure cauldron....

EUR has a big week ahead....

should be interesting....

#10     Aug 9, 2011