Chevy Volt takes 27 years before owners save money

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 377OHMS, Apr 5, 2012.

#41     Apr 7, 2012
  2. pspr

pspr

Enjoy your car Sandy. I'm sure it will work out fine for you. :)

#42     Apr 7, 2012
  3. Sure thing Keyboard Commando. Let it all out.

Please provide a link to these real world test that show only 25 miles per charge. I know you won't, so I'll just point you to Voltstats.net that shows the average Volt driver does 75% of their driving on all electric. I suppose we should take your word over mine. Somebody who hasn't even driven one vs somebody who drives one everyday. I am a real driver and I get way more than 25 miles to a charge. Real stats, by real drivers. The worst possible thing that you could hope for.
    GM was afraid to offer an all electric version because the market is not ready for it. Why offer an all electric when you can make an electric with extended range capabilities? It solves all of your driving needs with no range anxiety. Pretty genius if you ask me. Toyota is following suit by offering a plug in with 15 mile range on all electric. Brilliant, that is the future.

#43     Apr 7, 2012
  4. 377OHMS

377OHMS

We neglected the large part of your body weight that is pure cunt.

#44     Apr 7, 2012
  5. 377OHMS

377OHMS

The bottom line is that the Volt is a failure that doesn't save its owner any money despite what a salesman will tell you. If someone wishes to own the car for ideological reasons then be my guest. :)

#45     Apr 7, 2012
  6. The cost of the volt is hidden by the subsidy which is why your comparison to the iphone's high initial cost is so off base that it's idiotic.

Points 2&3 make it a doomed car. You're stealing from me to indulge your idiotology.

#46     Apr 7, 2012
  7. Eight

Eight

cars, pretty passe' really. I moved into a commune in an area with great public transportation available two blocks from the front door. Two years ago when I was getting to know the area I walked 25 miles a week, now it's a lot less but I make up for it by other exercise.

I have these conversations with various people all the time:

Various person: I need to get to the gym more, I'm too fat and achey

Me: get rid of your car, you will be slim and in good shape within two months

Them: look at me in utter disbelief...

#47     Apr 7, 2012
  8. More stimulus money wasted. The piece of crap Thick City electric turd is BK again. The plant in Elkhart, IN. sits idle. The 400+ jobs that were supposed to happen...NOT. Over 2 billion wasted by the Obama administration on these electric turds and for what? Nothing!
    I wonder how far that money could have gone converting 18 wheelers to Nat Gas? City and school buses to Nat Gas? Starting the build out of some infrastructure to support Nat Gas vehicles? How many jobs would have been created?
    A technology that already exists. It's cleaner, cheaper and we have it in abundance. Na, makes too much sense. F'N morons!!!!
    So please don't ever tell me our government is serious about conservation, the environment, or getting off the oil tit. Their actions prove to be very different from the rhetoric.
    http://chicagotonight.wttw.com/2012/04/09/elkharts-rv-industry
    http://www.greencarreports.com/news...nk-what-does-electric-car-bankruptcy-teach-us

#48     Apr 11, 2012
  9. Why is it off base? If people didn't buy the iPhones at $599 so that Apple could recoup their investment and bring the price down, you wouldn't be able to buy one for $99 today. The government is subsidizing it to encourage people to buy it so that the cost can come down to a level that it won't need subsidies. If you want to be against government subsidies, that's fine. But that is not the reason you hate the Volt. You hate it because of what it is and who drives it. You say it's a doomed car because Obama pushed for it but he didn't. The design and concept for the Volt started way before Obama was around. You just want to pin it on him because you pin anything negative that you can on him.

#49     Apr 12, 2012
  10. So electric subsidies are bad but natural gas ones are good? So basically you just want the government to support what you believe in not what you don't. With natural gas below $2, you would think the market would have taken care of that on its own.

#50     Apr 12, 2012