Chevy Volt takes 27 years before owners save money

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 377OHMS, Apr 5, 2012.

1. 377OHMS

377OHMS

You are a lying car salesman and too stupid to understand what a hybrid is. Your posts regarding the car really show a complete lack of any technological understanding and your willingness to push the car is indicative of why most car salesman should be hung from the nearest bridge. You are an idiot.

Real world tests put the fully-charged range at 25 nm. Now if you live in a shitty apartment across the street from the car dealership where you work that may be sufficient range but for anyone else it is a complete joke. The car sucks and you are a mindless shill.

#31     Apr 7, 2012
  2. Myself I'd need 300: some days I drive in excess of 240 miles.

#32     Apr 7, 2012
  3. 75 days eh? That's a laugh I have almost 300,000 miles on my car getting 32mpg.

My next one will get even better mileage , probably the 40 range :so no need for stupid hybrid.

#33     Apr 7, 2012
  4. 377OHMS

377OHMS

The economics of a high-MPG car are much better than any hybrid even with the high cost of gasoline. Hybrids just don't make sense.

#34     Apr 7, 2012
  5. The range is unlimited because it can always run on gas if need be. If you are asking what the combined MPG is, that would depend on how long you drive it. The first 35-40 miles is gas free. Then it gets about 37 MPG. So it would depend how long you drive after the battery is depleted.

#35     Apr 7, 2012
  6. Funny how these cars are sold as "green" to the shallow/ stupid/too rich to care.

Do they ever consider the environmental impact of a useless car in 5 yrs or battery disposal?

:eek:

#36     Apr 7, 2012
  7. 377OHMS

377OHMS

I don't think liberals understand what is under the hood. Sandy will tell you that a Volt isn't a hybrid. Since it can be propelled by either electric motor or directly by its gasoline engine it is a hybrid by definition. GM was afraid to offer a pure electric because they are in the business of gasoline powered vehicles and nobody can force them to produce electric vehicles.

If somebody decided they really wanted a hybrid vehicle then clearly the one to buy is the Prius since it begins to pay for itself after only 2 years. I have to admit that I LOL when I see a hybrid SUV. There should be test for minimum intelligence before people are allowed to own a moving vehicle.

#37     Apr 7, 2012
  8. At 6'7" and 285 pounds the BMI is 32.1. A 20 BMI with this weight and height is impossible.
    You don't have to be an engineer to figure it out. ;)

http://www.bmicalculator.org/

#38     Apr 7, 2012
  9. Well I'm sorry the Volt doesn't fit YOUR driving habits. Last time I checked, when something works fine for one person and not for another one, it doesn't make it a bad product. It fits my driving habits just fine.

Do you hate the Volt because it's a bad car or do you not like the government subsidies? I'm not here to defend that electric vehicles should be subsidized. If you want to cut those off, that's fine, argue it. But a subsidy doesn't = a bad car.

It seems these are the overriding reasons why people around here hate the Volt.

1) It doesn't fit your commute.
    2) Obama forced GM to make the car.
    3) Taxpayers are subsizing it.
    4) And of course 377OHMS's problem that at times the gas generator will send power directly to the wheels.

None of these reason's logically point out that the Volt is a bad car.

#39     Apr 7, 2012
  10. OK great, then don't get one. 40 miles gets me to the office and everywhere else I need to go. I think a V8 sportscar is useless. Doesn't make it a bad car, just doesn't make it right for me.
    Good for you. I have 1200 miles on my car and am getting 323 MPG and 78 MPG electric equivalent. But you know, whatever works for you.

#40     Apr 7, 2012