Chevy Volt takes 27 years before owners save money

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 377OHMS, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Maybe he has asspergers syndrome?

#11     Apr 5, 2012
  2. If we were in a bar having this conversation you'd be on the floor right now.
    ;)

#12     Apr 5, 2012
  3. 377OHMS

377OHMS

So I guess you're saying that in addition to having an astronomically high IQ you are 6ft 7in tall, weigh 285 lbs and have a BMI of 20. You have a black belt in BJJ and fight MMA in your spare time. I guess you are probably also working on a cure for cancer in your basement and are having Bibi and Mahmoud over this weekend to sign a peace agreement. If you can get them out of your house early you can finish up perfecting cold fusion as well.

Pfft!

#13     Apr 6, 2012
  4. yeah right , somebody has taken a trip to fantasy Island.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1x_QbVDlLbI

#14     Apr 6, 2012
  5. None of that, it's just that you try to be an online bully and in person I stand up to bullies. Even if it means I get my butt kicked. But you don't try to bully in person do you...I know why. ;)

#15     Apr 6, 2012
  6. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Bigarrow you don't know shit which is kind of the point.

If you can't take the commentary here try the "wetpanties" forum.

#16     Apr 6, 2012
  7. We have a Volt. My wife drives it.

We have a very reasonable 3-year lease. GM eats a chunk of the depreciation and gets the tax credits (since they're technically the buyer as the provider of the financing).

We've had it for almost a year and have only put gas in it twice. The lease is $355 a month and we save about $130 a month in gasoline at today's prices (California). So the net cost of the car is $225 a month. What else could we lease for $225 a month? Not much.

It's a cool car and fun to drive, but when the tax credits go away GM will be caught between a rock and a hard place.

#17     Apr 6, 2012
  8. 377OHMS

377OHMS

I wanted one ever since I saw it at the LA Auto Show. But at that time it was a pure electric with onboard auxiliary generator and had stylish coachwork.

Then it became a hybrid. Then they dropped the coachwork. Then they put lousy batteries in it reducing the effective range to about 25 miles per charge.

At that point it didn't make sense for me anymore, incentives or not.

I bought a 2012 Ford Focus that gets 42+ mpg in the highway. Mine gets about 34 mpg around town. I've got a 2012 Mustang (Boss 302) and a 2002 Ford pickup truck as well. Fords have been pretty reliable even though I grew up in GM products.

#18     Apr 6, 2012
  9. The Volt is a fun toy, but the economics for GM don't look good over the long run.

Ford is making great cars again. Looks like the new 2013 Fusion re-design is going to be a huge success for them.

#19     Apr 6, 2012
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

I'm a little surprised we've never had an ET "match up" over the years.

Either gloved in a ring or bare knuckle in the street.

#20     Apr 6, 2012