Chevy Volt takes 27 years before owners save money

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 377OHMS, Apr 5, 2012.

1. 377OHMS

377OHMS

2. pspr

pspr

3. Lucrum

Lucrum

Average length of ownership
    [​IMG]

GM may want to invest in some decent engineers.

4. Max E.

Max E.

And that doesnt even take into account the fact that the expensive battery in the volt will be dead long before you get to that point, leaving you with a 10k replacement, or a car which is virtually impossible to sell after 5 years, because it is merely another gas vehicle at that point......

5. Yeah I wouldn't be too sure about that 2 years thing really working out in the real world.

2 Drive systems means more things to go wrong< so you may start saving money in yr 2 to only start giving it back in higher repair frequency /costs in yrs 5 on forward. Probably conveniently out of warranty.
    Even if under warranty do they give you a free car while you wait for repairs?

right now hybird and alt cars are a NO BRAINER: not worth the money compared to high mpg cars

6. I like Chevy pickups, nice smooth ride. Seems Chevy trucks hold their resale value better.
    I prefer the dodge for the diesels though. The new Chevy diesels are supposed to be good. Talked to some friends who have new Chevy diesels, they're getting 23 to 25 not towing on the road, that's damn good for a 3/4 ton.

7. 377OHMS

377OHMS

They're junk.

I have a 7.3 liter Powerstroke Diesel Lariat Crewcab 4x4 that I would rather push than drive a GM product.

No GM product for me ever again. They took bailout money and then screwed the bondholders violating tradition and the law. The unions took over and the company sold out to Barrack Obama. The Volt is a POS by every measure both engineering wise and economic. Junk.

8. what happens when the warranty runs out? how much is the repair bill? a few grand? oops!

[​IMG]

9. The power stroke is junk? I've got a one to dodge diesel, a great pulling engine. But I drive my little ford six pick up around town, saves fuel and easier to park. Every Chevy truck I've had I loved, it's been a few years since I've had one though.

10. 377OHMS

377OHMS

The Chevy is junk.

Sometimes it seems like you can't read but then that would be inconsistent with your spectacular high IQ.

#10     Apr 5, 2012