Chevy Volt - an American "revolution"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by walter4, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Not so fast, 69 Le Mans is the good car.

#11     Oct 12, 2010
  2. All you traitors who complain about Obama spending money while you drive your Asian cars can go to hell.

If you don't support your family and your fellow countrymen, please leave.

#12     Oct 12, 2010
  3. mgookin

New Post 10-12-10 07:41 AM

All you traitors who complain about Obama spending money while you drive your Asian cars can go to hell.

If you don't support your family and your fellow countrymen, please leave.
    --------------------------------
    If we drive asian cars but don't complain about Obama spending money, can
    we stay?:confused:

#13     Oct 12, 2010
  4. Ricter

Ricter

Yes.

#14     Oct 12, 2010
  5. Sorry, union worker. Perhaps you can explain why many "American" cars are actually made in Canada and Mexico, and why many "Asian" cars are actually made in the USA?

I remember reading a CR article about 10 years ago, talking about the mainline family cars (Accord, Camry, Maxima, etc.), 3 foreign (Nissan, Honda, Toyota) and 3 domestic (Chevy and 2 others). I was amused to note that all 3 foreign cars were American made and all American cars were made outside the country.

That was the last time I took the words of union auto workers seriously, whose main goal was to drive their employers out of business through strategic strikes because they thought there was nothing wrong with someone earning over $60-70 an hour for semiskilled labor that others would happily do even in the USA for $14 an hour.

#15     Oct 12, 2010
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

I drive a 99' Jeep Wrangler.

#16     Oct 12, 2010
  7. Eight

Eight

I had a chevy with 3.1 V6.. in the Mojave Desert it would blow a head gasket idling.... so I got the factory manual and discovered that it was working as designed, the cooling fan didn't turn on until 223 degrees and by the time it had any effect the gasket was blown!! No GM krap for me ever... the five speed was a piece of krap too.... currently I'm driving a Camry and it's fantastically reliable and sound after many years..

#17     Oct 13, 2010
  8. I've had my toyota 4runner for 10.5 years. Never been in the shop. Replaced a tail light myself. Everything else is original except the oil filter which I change every 5000 miles. Had another 4 runner before this one and it was a great car too. Kept it 15 years.

#18     Oct 13, 2010