Chevy Volt a lemon for GM. Current administration makes sour lemonade.

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by wilburbear, Jul 7, 2011.

1. You are correct. Most dealerships are making very little or barely breaking even in the new car department. That simply gets the ball rolling for everything else.

#41     Jul 9, 2011
  2. I'm afraid that your post casts doubt on your ability to form a reasonable argument. First off it was during the Bush White House that the corporate bailout's began. Obama simply continued them. It's amazing how you people think Bush and the Republican's ran the economy great and Obama is doing a horrible job. They have both run it almost the exact same way! Bailouts for company's, cutting or continuing tax cuts while increasing spending and running up deficits. They both did the exact same thing! How is one good and the other bad?

I don't understand your argument. They went through bankruptcy. That's what happens during bankruptcy. The bondholders, dealerships, etc get screwed over. The UAW has made concessions as well. You think I like the UAW? They have driven up the legacy costs so high that it causes the vehicles I sell to be more expensive.

I did not say they are on allocation. I have no idea. I don't follow that stuff. Let's analyze the article you posted. It's so full of inaccuracy's I don't know where to begin. But if it's on the internet, it must be true. Especially if it's some keyboard commando on a blog. It said "Apparently, Chevy is not pleased with its sales -- 321 units sold in January and 281 in February -- out of 30,000 cars made for 2011, and a planned 45,000 to be made in 2012... At that rate, just 3,600 of the cars will be sold this year, [only] 12 percent of the supply." Excuse me but where are the 30,000 cars that were made? Are they hiding somewhere? Maybe somebody could find them on Google maps. 30,000 is the target production for the whole year you idiot. Those 30,000 have not been made, so how can they be sold? The year is not over. They only sold a couple hundred in January and February. Well duh? Those were the first three production months. What did you expect them to start making 5000 a month right from the start? Plus they allocated about 500 to be dealership demos. These were made but they have not been sold. Eventually they will be. And where is this convertible Volt coming from? I have never heard anything like it. Such a stupid article it cannot even be considered news.
    [​IMG]

#42     Jul 9, 2011
  3. No waiting list. We have three in stock. They are around $125k.

#43     Jul 9, 2011
  4. GTS

GTS

I can't tell if the article linked earlier by AAAintheBeltway was playing along or didn't realize it but all the internet references to the convertible volt that I found are April Fool's Day jokes, e.g.: http://www.roadandtrack.com/special...ve-first-look-2012-chevrolet-volt-convertible

#44     Jul 10, 2011
  5. So let me see if I understand your argument. GM, which is desperate to sell cars, is just refusing to build Volts, which have a huge pentup demand. The only reason the sales numbers aren't off the charts is that the cars are not available.

I'm not going to make jokes about car salesmens' credibility, but can't you see that this sounds a little hard to believe? Are there stats to back it up?

As for the auto bailouts, Bush gave them short term loans as he was leaving office. It was hardly a bailout. He thought the new president should have the chance to come up with his own plan for them. Obama's plan was to screw the legitimate secured creditors and make a big gift to the UAW. Kind of like what he is doing to the country at large. Give huge gifts to unionized government employees to maintain their lavish benefits under the label of stimulus and screw the rest of us who get to pay for it.

#45     Jul 10, 2011
  6. LEAPup

LEAPup

That pretty much sums up the Odumba administration.

#46     Jul 10, 2011
  7. N-obama likes to pander to the military-industrial complex. If this is not proof that he is a re-thug-lican, then nothing is.

#47     Jul 10, 2011
  8. Enough said... gm is still a fucking joke.

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/f2_b4V6C4aM?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/f2_b4V6C4aM?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

#48     Jul 10, 2011
  9. What stat's would you like me to provide? I don't understand your argument. What are you trying to prove? That demand is not there when it is when every dealer is begging for these? It's a new product. The battery packs are difficult to manufacture. I know it's hard for you to understand, but there are logistical things behind making these. They want to get it right on a small scale and slowly ramp up productions. Isn't that how it's supposed to be done? They know that ignorant people like you would like nothing more than for them to prematurely ramp up production and then have something go wrong. GM said from the start that it will probably lose money selling the Volt. The Volt is just the start of a new concept. GM's other brands are what is keeping it afloat. They are selling Cruze's, Camaro's, and Equinox's at full price right now. No rebates are needed.

This thread has gone from "the Volt is no good and there is no demand for it and GM is begging the government to subsidize it" to "oh we just hate GM cause they took a bailout and they're union". Come on, Bush gave them a little short term loan but Obama was the real crook?

#49     Jul 11, 2011
  10. BSAM

BSAM

Dog---

Just do the right thing and go to work selling Fords, Hondas, or Toyotas. We'll all get along then. GM has got a bad name in this country. Face it.

BTW--While maybe it's true at your dealership, you don't really believe that a Cruze can't be bought for less than "full price"...do you?

#50     Jul 11, 2011