Chevy Volt a lemon for GM. Current administration makes sour lemonade.

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by wilburbear, Jul 7, 2011.

1. LEAPup

LEAPup

You know I really don't know yet. I don't like the stigma that goes with the Subaru tree huggers, hippies, etc., but I drove one of the Legacy Limited (4dr sedan) models with the 3.6R boxer engine, and was stunned at how the thing performs. Plus it's all wheel drive.

I just really don't know yet.

#11     Jul 7, 2011
  2. bone

bone

Ford Raptor

I have been smitten ever since the feature on 'Top Gear'. Thinking about ordering one from Hennessey.

[​IMG]

#12     Jul 7, 2011
  3. The stupidity and ignorance that is displayed on ET is exactly why I don't call myself a Republican anymore. Why don't you get your facts straight before you spread your lies? The Chevy dealership that I work at has about an 8 month waiting list on Volt's right now. We are having no probably selling them. Let me repeat, we are having no problem selling the new Chevy Volt at full MSRP. We could sell it over sticker but have decided not to. We had one used Volt become available. It sold in 3 days for over the original MSRP (when taking the tax credit into consideration) with 2000 miles on it. People love them. They are going 2000 miles on one tank of gas. Obviously they do have to pay for the electricity. Yes, the tax credit helps the cause, but even without it, there is plenty of natural demand. I know that dissapoints many of you.

The Volt is in limited production because they want to get it right and have a slow steady launch. Plus the battery's are in limited production. Hopefully the battery price will continue to drop at more than 5% a year. This will help bring down costs.

The Volt is the perfect car. Electric when you can, gas when you can't. It is not a concept car. It is not some impractical car. It is not some thing you see on tv that will never reach the common man. It goes 0-60 in 8 seconds. I have gotten it up to 90 on the DC beltway and I couldn't feel a thing. If you weren't so closed minded from the start, you might see a bigger picture. But I guess there will always be the naysayers. I'm sure they were the ones 100 years that were critisizing this weird contraption called the automobile that you had to put gas in. Why would you want to do that when you have a horse that ?

And BTW, the Silverado does come in a V6 in a regular cab and 2WD extended cab, albeit not a very gas efficient engine.

#13     Jul 7, 2011
  4. piezoe

piezoe

What a pathetic country the U.S. is! We spend billions subsidizing corporations and trillions to invade other countries, but fund our grade schools and medical care with bake sales and raffles.

#14     Jul 7, 2011
  5. bone

bone

Take that crap to the Daily KOS.

SOURCE: U.S. Department of Education, National Center for Education Statistics. (2011). Digest of Education Statistics, 2010 (NCES 2011-015), Table 188 and Chapter 2 .

Current expenditures per pupil in fall enrollment in public elementary and secondary schools: Selected years, 1961-62 through 2007-08

School Year
    Current expenditures in unadjusted dollars
    Current expenditures in constant 2008-09 dollars

2007-08

#15     Jul 8, 2011
  6. GTS

GTS

I have no dog in this fight but when I saw this thread yesterday it got me wondering so I checked a couple of local Chevy dealerships and one claimed to have two Volts in stock (they list specific VIN's) and another had one. I don't claim this is representative of anything but I thought it was odd that they weren't already sold before they arrived at the dealership (e.g. waiting list)

#16     Jul 8, 2011
  7. It could be a number of things. They could be asking over MSRP and therefore they are sitting a little before a person who wants to pay that comes around. They could have been orders that cancelled when it came in and they have just become available or might still be intransit. It could also be a demo with some miles. Even though it is the most in demand car available right now, it still can take a few days for it to sell. People want them but they still want the color etc that they want. A lot of times they will wait for what they want. But if those two are legitimately available, they will be gone within a week.

I just found out that GM is giving us 5 extra ones that were used as corporate demos. Whoo hoo! time to make some money.

#17     Jul 8, 2011
  8. GTS

GTS

#18     Jul 8, 2011
  9. For 1G1RD6E42BU101006, it's the demo at Ourisman Marlow Heights. On the website it is showing MSRP on their website $49,690. Actual MSRP is $44,695. It can't be sold for 6 months(they got it in January). Either that or nobody is paying $5k over. Ourisman Bowie has been known to mark up cars over sticker.

1G1RD6E49BU101049 is the demo at Ourisman Rockmont. I know I've been over there and their demo is red. Same deal with not being sold for 6 months. They may have a deposit against it for when it's available, just like we do on ours. 1G1RD6E42BU101376 is the demo at Ourisman Bowie. Rockmont and Bowie are owned by the same person. They post each others inventory on each others website. So it appears that one store has two available, when really they have one and that is a demo.

GM gave every dealer a demo so that they could at least have one available for people to see. Then, people can place factory orders. Sorry to dissapoint your findings.

#19     Jul 8, 2011
  10. GTS

GTS

Not at all - thanks for providing some knowledgeable insight.

#20     Jul 8, 2011