Chevy Dealer Screws Up Then Has Customer Arrested

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Sep 28, 2012.

1. pspr

pspr

Bad, bad Government Motors.

A Chesapeake auto dealership sold a 2012 Chevrolet Traverse to a customor and accidentally undercharged the man by more than $5,000. Several days later, the dealership called the man and demanded more money. When he refused, they accused him of stealing the vehicle and had him arrested.

Now he's suing and the dealership is trying to save face.

http://www.dailypress.com/news/top-...over-its-own-mistake-20120927,0,7702437.story

2. Not sure it has any political ramifications, and just plain dumb. First for screwing up the price that bad, and second for letting it go national. Can't fix stupid.

Dealership owner is trying to I guess: "It is my plan to let him keep the $5,600 and to make Mr. Sawyer right. I can't tell you how I plan to fix it, but it is my intention to make it right," said Ellmer, adding that he would like to sit down and talk with Sawyer."

3. jem

jem

If I were the plaintiff, I would not stop til a jury awarded me enough money to make me owner of he dealership and Obama my boss.

Then I would have fun driving around in my Obama volt.

4. So, you're a fan of trial lawyers, unlimited lawsuit payments, and free money from the taxpayers. Not sure your conservative friends would like that Jem. OK, just wanted to be sure that I have it right.

5. ============
    Really need more info;
    i assume he paid by check or financed it, the dealer's case sounds real weak[from the newsbite], but more info is needed.

6. pspr

pspr

I'll get right on that, murray. :D

7. jem

jem

It would be for me. It would be like my obama phone but it would be my obama suit.

I am not big on plaintiff suits... but this is a scary situation...
    The asshole car manager says the guy stole a car.. and cops show up presumably with guns...

That is the type of situation punitive damages is all about.