Chevron halted output

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by RiceRocket, Jun 21, 2008.

1. Chevron halted output at a Nigerian oil facility after (paying militants to attack) a pipeline Thursday night.

Of course the paying militants part was added by me. But it's curious the timing. Every time a militant throws a rock at the pipeline crude pops 5 bucks. Now after Saudia Arabia gave into the U.S. to raise output, Chevron's calling the bluff. They're shutting the pipeline down. When will people wake up to what's really happening.

2. there is

absolutely no question

that these disruptions/worker strikes/attacks are being carried out by people who will profit immensely by playing on the fears of the market. I was thinking that a hedgie (or group of hedgies), or sovereign wealth was up to it, but too many people would stand to gain from a rise in oil prices than is possible to individually pinpoint as being a cause of the disruption.

one thing's for sure, these accidents are not random. these militants are not in it for their ideology.

3. good call....nigeria was completely stable before oil got over $100.

4. Shot from downtown Lagos, Nigeria:

[​IMG]

If you thought you're tough with a pitbull, try a hyena.

5. Mercor

Mercor

you think the militants trade through IB

6. AAA30

AAA30

That dude in the back has a monkey or is that a gorillia.

7. LOL, will u look at these fucking guys!!!!! I am generally a liberal person when it comes to immigration, and I think guns are for cowards, but holy shit,!
    How do you take people from a place like this and integrate them into the 'western world' and not expect problems?

"you know where you are,.......................... you're in the jungle BAABY!"

8. Excellent Commentary

Anyone know the story as to why these guys are so pissed off?

Or are they just getting paid for doing their job?

9. Those guys are nothing...

These guys here have balls to let their Babboon drive them around.

Thats guts.

[​IMG]

10. Oil companies/producers absolutely love this. How many times you hear about 150K barrel/day disruption. Now calculate how much money that is a day. Now ask yourself why entire armies are not paid to defend the pipelines. With that kind of money you could easily have an army defend your facilities, and actually provide some money for local economies in africa. Total BS

#10     Jun 22, 2008