Cheneys unraveling...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Jan 24, 2007.

1. I didn't mean to imply that Blitzer was a democrat or represented them. But the point is still valid. I have some prejudices but none concerning Blitzer.

#31     Jan 25, 2007
  2. "We are all oil men"

Ho ho ho...

Oh yes, the nearly 35.9 Americans living below the poverty level say "we are all oil men."

"Bush was virtually naked"

Hee hee hee...

Well, I will admit the emperor has no clothes.

"Chenney is a principled man"

Ha ha ha...

"Go fuck yourself!"

Cheney on the Senate floor to Senator Patrick Leahy.

Face it, you are like some Saturday Night Live bit of the present day republicans who still support Bush.

#32     Jan 25, 2007
  3. #33     Jan 25, 2007
  4. neophyte321

neophyte321 Guest

"support bush" .......... to the extent that I'd rather not see Iraq fall into ruin, I support Bush. I've said it before, invading Iraq always struck me as insane.

I won't quibble with you about who benefits from a readily available cheap supply of fuel, suffice it to say, these poor you cry yourself to sleep over would not benefit from a severe disruption to that supply. People protested Walmart opening a store in the inner city of Chicago, ignoring the fact that these are exactly the people that need the deepest discounts.

Certainly, the US needs to wean itself off its oil addiction, but that is a different issue all together.

Telling Leahy to "GO FUCK YOURSELF", was not likely counter to Chenney's principles, for LEAHY to report it, probably went against his.

By principle, I meant definition #4, or perhaps #15b.

prin·ci·ple /ˈprɪnsəpəl/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[prin-suh-puhl] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
    –noun 1. an accepted or professed rule of action or conduct: a person of good moral principles.
    2. a fundamental, primary, or general law or truth from which others are derived: the principles of modern physics.
    3. a fundamental doctrine or tenet; a distinctive ruling opinion: the principles of the Stoics.
    4. principles, a personal or specific basis of conduct or management: to adhere to one's principles; a kindergarten run on modern principles.
    5. guiding sense of the requirements and obligations of right conduct: a person of principle.
    6. an adopted rule or method for application in action: a working principle for general use.
    7. a rule or law exemplified in natural phenomena, the construction or operation of a machine, the working of a system, or the like: the principle of capillary attraction.
    8. the method of formation, operation, or procedure exhibited in a given case: a community organized on the patriarchal principle.
    9. a determining characteristic of something; essential quality.
    10. an originating or actuating agency or force: growth is the principle of life.
    11. an actuating agency in the mind or character, as an instinct, faculty, or natural tendency: the principles of human behavior.
    12. Chemistry. a constituent of a substance, esp. one giving to it some distinctive quality or effect.
    13. Obsolete. beginning or commencement.
    —Idioms14. in principle, in essence or substance; fundamentally: to accept a plan in principle.
    15. on principle, a. according to personal rules for right conduct; as a matter of moral principle: He refused on principle to agree to the terms of the treaty.
    b. according to a fixed rule, method, or practice: He drank hot milk every night on principle.

#34     Jan 26, 2007
  5. This is some bizzare twisted logic. Are you saying that Mr. Chenney always tells people to go fucjk themselves? That's his "principles?" I guess that's how he taught his daughters, and they learned really well from him.

#35     Jan 26, 2007
  6. There is probably a joke there if you think Cheney told his daughters to go "fuck themselves" given one of his daughter is gay...

#36     Jan 26, 2007