Cheneys unraveling...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Jan 24, 2007.

1. No I didn't say that.

I have no idea what Cheney's positions on social issues are. Does anyone care?

I believe Bush is in favor of civil unions. Not exactly a right-wing extreme position.......

#21     Jan 25, 2007
  2. You think Cheney's positions are liberal on social issues? You think Cheney's positions run counter to the religious right?

LOL!!!

LOL!!!

LOL!!!

#22     Jan 25, 2007
  3. neophyte321

neophyte321 Guest

jackass .........

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2004/08/25/MNGHQ8DV6Q1.DTL

consider the source carefully. Like asking the question in the first place, there are agendas being furthered here ....

the question was out-of-line, perhaps after his term, Chenney will have a sit down with Oprah and let all his emotions out. Chenney needs a good cry on Oprah....

#23     Jan 25, 2007
  4. Out of line? LOL!

I will tell you what is out of line...

"Free speech zones" behind fences in areas where the Bush or Cheney's motorcade won't travel so that people can protest Bush and Cheney out of view of the cameras or the press.

http://www.amconmag.com/12_15_03/feature.html

Out of line is making people attending campaign rallys sign a statement before hand essentially pledging allegiance to Bush and Cheney...

http://www.slate.com/id/2108852/

Out of line is hiding from public view flag draped coffins of US soldiers killed in Iraq.

You guys crack me up with your "out of line" crap. The press doesn't ask difficult questions of either of these oil men...

Wolf Blitzer is not known at all for being difficult or asking "out of line" questions. He is a hairy fuzzball that is not threatening or agressive.

Face it, Cheney can't handle dissent in any shape or fashion, nor can his wife or daughter, who recently had an op ed piece in the Washington Post mimmicking the neocon position...

#24     Jan 25, 2007
  5. Bottom line Z: Neo faced you with his Chronicle article about Cheney......

#25     Jan 25, 2007
  6. The mostly democrat position is gay marriage, not decided by states...

Doh!

Cheney serves the pleasure of Bush, and has never, ever stood up to any Bush decision and said no (to our knowledge).

He may have a libertarian spin on the issue, but he is a social conservative...including shooting friends in the face with shotguns...

I read Neo's article, and it says no where that Cheney actually approves of civil unions or any situation where homosexuals have the same legal rights as a couple as Married folks.

What the hell is he going to do when talking to the press? Condem his daughter to Hell for being gay?

Oh man, you guys crack me up...

#26     Jan 25, 2007
  7. It's just my opinion. Seems like a waste of time with all the important topics that need discussed. Even if it wasn't out of line I still think it's rude.

#27     Jan 25, 2007
  8. Rude?

How about telling a US senator on the floor of the United States Senate to:

"Go fuck yourself"

http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/archives/individual/2004_06/004216.php

You cats have a very strange concept of rude...

#28     Jan 25, 2007
  9. #29     Jan 25, 2007
  10. neophyte321

neophyte321 Guest

"CAN'T handle DISSENT" ................... That needs repeating, "CAN'T HANDLE DISSENT".

If this administration couldn't handle dissent, Bush would have hid under his bed instead of standing virtually NAKED in front of billions and delive an unwavering speech in front of a very hostile Congress, let alone public at large. If they couldn't handle dissent they would have used words like "malaise" to describe the county's state of affairs.

There is an unwritten rule that the children of politicians are off limits. Apparently, just like Pelosis, who breeched tradition and repeated to reporters private conversations she had with Bush, you don't value protocol or common decency for that matter. Regardless of how hysterical you might find this claim, Chenney is a principled man, he'd be damned if his daughter is dragged into the public square.

Obviously as issues go, this is a flea on a fly's ass, but it did provide an opportunity to reveal Chenney's human side. (yes, that could also be considered hysterical claim). Chenney on Oprah ........ that's pay-for-view worthy!

:)

"Oil men" ..... WE ARE ALL OIL MEN. Granted profits vary greatly, but virtually every american invested in a 401k owns oil stock. $2 a Gallon..... that's literally cheaper than dirt. (high quality dirt anyway)

#30     Jan 25, 2007