Cheneys unraveling...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Jan 24, 2007.

1. First we got Dick:

Vice President Dick Cheney was interviewed by CNN's Wolf Blitzer. The interview aired in segments on today's CNN Situation Room. Cheney appeared to be slightly bothered after Blitzer questioned how he felt about criticism aimed at him from members of his own party:

BLITZER: Here's what Jim Webb, senator from Virginia said in the Democratic response last night -- he said, "The president took us into this war recklessly. We are now, as a nation, held hostage to the predictable and predicted disarray that has followed."

And it's not just Jim Webb; it's some of your good Republican friends in the Senate and the House are now seriously questioning your credibility, because of the blunders and the failures. Gordon Smith...

CHENEY: Wolf, Wolf, I simply don't accept the premise of your question. I just think it's hogwash.

Read The entire transcript below:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2007/01/24/criticism-of-me-is-hogwa_n_39524.html

Then Dick's wife:

CHENEY CALLS BLITZER QUESTION ON DAUGHTER'S PREGNANCY 'OUT OF LINE'
    Wed Jan 24 2007 13:41:22 ET

In an interview taped to air for today's 'Situation Room' on CNN, Vice President Cheney responded sharply to anchor Woilf Blitzer's line of questioning regarding the pregancy of Cheney's lesbian daughter:

Blitzer: Your daughter Mary, she's pregnant. All of us are happy. She's going to have a baby. You're going to have another grandchild. Some of the -- some critics, though, are suggesting, for example, a statement from someone representing Focus on the Family:

"Mary Cheney's pregnancy raises the question of what's best for children. Just because it's possible to conceive a child outside of the relationship of a married mother and father, doesn't mean it's best for the child."

Do you want to respond to that?

THE VICE PRESIDENT: No, I don't.

Blitzer: She's obviously a good daughter --

VICE PRESIDENT: I'm delighted -- I'm delighted I'm about to have a sixth grandchild, Wolf, and obviously think the world of both of my daughters and all of my grandchildren. And I think, frankly, you're out of line with that question.

Blitzer: I think all of us appreciate --

VICE PRESIDENT: I think you're out of -- I think you're out of line with that question.

Blitzer: -- your daughter. We like your daughters. Believe me, I'm very, very sympathetic to Liz and to Mary. I like them both. That was just a question that's come up and it's a responsible, fair question.

VICE PRESIDENT: I just fundamentally disagree with your perspective.

Developing...

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash.htm

2. I thought Cheney did a good job defending the Administration's war in Iraq.

Most of us oppose the war. Let's face it though, our perspectives are viewed through partisan glasses. Some liberals would hate anything a Republican does, some peacenicks hate all wars and some conservative isolationists prefer to spill blood and money only at home. In this age of wise-guy critics, none of us possess the 20/20 to know whether this war won't in fact be the catalyst for a democratic, peaceful Mid East. We do know, the old way wasn't working either.

Perhaps because I'm a bit more into history than most here, I don't see the war in Iraq as anything colossal. At least American mistakes are becoming smaller in scope. we've gone from Dresden, Hiroshima and Mi Lai to the relatively tame acts at Abu Ghraib. Those who freak out over Iraq are the same who think a 14pt late day selloff in ES is like 1929 or 1987. Yawn.

As far as the Mary Cheney question. Blitzer couldn't have been more out of line. Nearly as bad as Edward's gaffe during the VP debate. If Mary Cheney was not a lesbian would Blitzer or Edwards even know of her existence? Can anyone name Spiro Agnew's kids? On one hand the liberal elite like to parrot the PC line of blindness to race, religion and gender (orientation). But here we have a case of a newsman saying, "by the way how's your pregnant lezbo daughter?" right after basically asking, "how can you allow a bunch of Shia the chance to rule a nation that they're an 80% majority in?"

Does Blitzer ask acquaintances about their children's sexual orientation? Harry Truman would've socked him.......

3. Blitzer should have asked him about all of the illegal contracts that were handed over to Haliburton.

4. Sam321

Sam321

CNN’s business depends on post WWII babyboomer viewers who define their lives based on Vietnam and Watergate. CNN knows that anything they say is more believable than anything anyone says from the Bush administration. Rent the DVD “All the President’s Men.” That’s how babyboomers all think. And now they are all a bunch of old farts still believing the same shit while maintaining their supreme selfishness to not give a shit what happens to their children when they’re rotting in hell 6 feet under.

5. I wonder why Cheney would even go on CNN. What do they have, about 100,000 viewers max? Do you see Hillary Clinton going on O'Reilly? Of course not. The easiest way to control the message is to get softball questions like she would get from Blitzer or Cheney would get from Hannity.

6. The question is out of line and in bad taste. Leave the girl alone. The democrats always make a big deal about accepting people for who they are and not discriminating based on sexual preferences, but asking the question is discrimination and of course just plain rude. Hammer Chenney on the real issues don't nit pick the small stuff. Chenney is a lier and if the Democrats had any balls he and Bush would be worried about serving jail time. But the Democrats are short on balls so they will be safe for now.

7. O'Reilly is a pussy, why would she go on his ego show to help him make money. He doesn't even pretend to be a newsman anymore. And yes you heard right O'Reilly is a pussy, but you already knew that.

8. Quite simply Cheney thinks ANY question which makes him look like an incompetant fool or a hypocrite is 'out of line'.

Good questions by Blitzer shame the response was 'out of line'.

Might someone remind Cheney he is on the PUBLIC payroll, the PEOPLE have a right and deserve an explanation.

9. She won't go on any show unless they agree ahead of time on the questions. She's afraid of a smart conservative like O'Reilly making a fool of her. I think that is good planning on her part, because she is not very good in situations where she has to think on her feet or is not in total control of the situation. It is obvious from watching her that she is a control freak. No doubt being repeatedly lied to and made a fool of by Bill contributed to this problem, but is that a desirable trait in a President?

10. Wolf Blitzer is a Democrat? That's news to me. I wouldn't have known it from watching his show.

I think your prejudice shows when you blame a newsman's stupidity on one party.

#10     Jan 25, 2007