Cheney Endorses McBush

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Nov 1, 2008.

1. The Obama campaign gleefully sends over an announcement of a major endorsement.... for John McCain... by Dick Cheney.

"In three days we'll choose a new steward for the presidency and begin a new chapter in our history," the Vice President said Saturday morning. "It's the biggest decision that we make together as Americans. A lot turns on the outcome. I believe the right leader for this moment in history is Senator John McCain."

This isn't, perhaps, the story that McCain headquarters wants in the news, though the press is undoubtedly going to play it up. Cheney is, after all, the Vice President.

If there was one GOP official less liked than George Bush it is Cheney. His popularity remains only among the rabidly conservative base who - a year ago - chanted "four more years" when he spoke at the Conservative Political Action Committee conference in Washington D.C.

UPDATE: Sure enough, Obama is set to jump all over the endorsement, having some fun with it in the process. According to prepared remarks for a rally in Pueblo, Colorado.

I'd like to congratulate Senator McCain on this endorsement because he really earned it. That endorsement didn't come easy. Senator McCain had to vote 90 percent of the time with George Bush and Dick Cheney to get it. He served as Washington's biggest cheerleader for going to war in Iraq, and supports economic policies that are no different from the last eight years. So Senator McCain worked hard to get Dick Cheney's support.

But here's my question for you, Colorado: do you think Dick Cheney is delighted to support John McCain because he thinks John McCain's going to bring change? Do you think John McCain and Dick Cheney have been talking about how to shake things up, and get rid of the lobbyists and the old boys club in Washington?

2. Well if i was to address this negative McCain article with the same manner as liberals addressing negative Obama articles than i would say your only hurting Obamas chances, your mean and i want my mommy right now.

ZZZZzzzzz you never fail to ZZZZZzzzzzzz (put me to sleep).

3. If there was one GOP official less liked than George Bush it is Cheney.
    -----------

All we need is a few more HAL's to vote with their feet and move to Dubae. This would bring change to America.

4. It's pretty funny that you, a Republican, perceive an endorsement by the vice-president as a "negative article."

Kind of tells us that even you don't like Cheney, and thus the administration.

5. Big Dave did you read the article? It made around 5 points as to why Cheny is a negative endorsement for McCain.

I think you could agree that the article is a negative article for McCain?

If you can't than i suggest reading it again.

After that i made a comparison and rather comical stance on how liberals address negative articles about Obama.

I hope your understanding this.

6. The article as posted has no link and as posted it doesn't have five points in it in total.

Fair enough. If you give me the link I'll read it.

7. I was responding to what ZZZZZZZZzzzzz had to say about the endorsement.

You awake over there?

8. Care to separate out the five points that the article expresses that are unfairly negative towards McCain?

9. 1. The Obama campaign gleefully sends over an announcement of a major endorsement.... for John McCain... by Dick Cheney.

2. This isn't, perhaps, the story that McCain headquarters wants in the news, though the press is undoubtedly going to play it up. Cheney is, after all, the Vice President.

3. If there was one GOP official less liked than George Bush it is Cheney.

4. Sure enough, Obama is set to jump all over the endorsement.

5. The last paragraph.

Can you not see the negativity that ZZZZZzzzzz is portraying on John McCain because of the endorsement?????

I am going to have to say again are you awake over there????

10. That doesn't seem unfair, naturally the Obama camp did that and they probably are gleeful.

Again, that doesn't seem unfair at all. Not a smear in there -- undoubtedly accurate that McCain's headquarters doesn't need this, and the press probably will play it up.

Again, that's not negative, entirely fair and entirely accurate. Cheney polls in the teens.

Yes... how is that unfairly negative?

The last paragraph is a quote from Obama's planned statement.

So your complaint isn't that the article is unfair, but that Obama is unfair to McCain.

Well he is.

#10     Nov 1, 2008