Cheney Calls Obama Out

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Apr 20, 2009.

1. Leave it to an imbecile to actually think that Dick Cheney still commands any kind of "power" whatsoever.

#11     Apr 21, 2009
  2. Once again, you show how horrible your reading comprehension is.

Where in Bill Clinton's passage does he state that Iraq was an imminent threat to the United States of America and its security?

Answer: He doesn't.

This might be a novel concept for you and your brain, but it doesn't matter who said what for the media or how one "postured" for the "ears" of the world.

It's about whether or not action was taken.

Next time you try to "cut and paste", you might want to focus on increasing your reading comprehension so as to not look completely IGNORANT.

#12     Apr 21, 2009
  3. I know Cheney has some sources he left behind in positions of authority, being the sinister and creepy power freak that he is, but he is no longer the all powerful Darth Vader, but rather has been reduced to -

[​IMG]

#13     Apr 21, 2009
  4. "There is no more clear example of this threat than Saddam Hussein's Iraq. His regime threatens the safety of his people, the stability of his region and the security of all the rest of us. "

What does that say?

"It's about whether or not action was taken."

Here is another quote from Bill Clinton.

"Earlier today, I ordered America's armed forces to strike military and security targets in Iraq. They are joined by British forces. Their mission is to attack Iraq's nuclear, chemical and biological weapons programs and its military capacity to threaten its neighbors.

Their purpose is to protect the national interest of the United States, and indeed the interests of people throughout the Middle East and around the world.

Saddam Hussein must not be allowed to threaten his neighbors or the world with nuclear arms, poison gas or biological weapons."

This certainly sounds like action was taken. Would you consider bombing a country as action being taken?

Once again Landis82 shows that he is uninformed and lacks the critical thinking skills required to form educated, well thought out opinions.

#14     Apr 21, 2009
  5. Come to think of it, I've always thought of him as something of a potato head.

#15     Apr 21, 2009
  6. Yes, action was taken.
    It was taken from the air just as there were "No Fly Zones" in place after the Gulf War of 1991 in order to protect humanitarian operations.

But surely you can't be trying to claim that the intelligence that Bush and Cheney had at their disposal in 2003 that lead them to the conclusion of Iraq being an "imminent threat" to the United States is the same intelligence that Bill Clinton operated on back in 1998?

By the way, it might help the next time if you provided a link to your quote, or at least include the entire "statement" so as to avoid any opportunities to mislead, or be unclear.

http://clinton4.nara.gov/WH/New/html/19981216-3611.html

#16     Apr 21, 2009
  7. And come to think of it, i've come to think of you as severely lacking in grey matter.

In fact, i think if we could remove the top of your cranium, your head would make a fine spittoon.

#17     Apr 21, 2009
  8. The Washington Post published an article that was probably written in the White House claiming nothing of value had been gained from the interrogations. The same newspaper had no qulams about revealing details of secret eavesdropping on terrorists. I am wondering if they will now demand release of the memo cheney referred to, since it is obviously far more important than anything they have previously reported.

#18     Apr 21, 2009
  9. Whereas yours would make a splendid flushing toilet during allergy season when your sinuses act up.

#19     Apr 21, 2009

10. So sustained aieral bombard is fine? Is that the way I read that? If Bush decided to flatten the country from the air, you would have been okay with it. Now we have cleared that point up.

As for comparing the 1998 and the 2003 intelligence, of course it wouldn't have been same. There was additional intelligence gathered between 1998 and 2003. Don't you know that?

#20     Apr 21, 2009