Cheney backs Limbaugh over Powell on GOP future

Discussion in 'Politics' started by JDL, May 10, 2009.

1. Shagi

Shagi

So that makes lots of Italians/Greeks/Spanish people black too since their races have been 'tainted' by black blood. They are not pure whites according to that definition. Pure 100% whites are therefore commonly found in Northern Europe countries like Sweden/Austria etc - heeh?

#21     May 11, 2009
  2. It is becoming very clear what the direction of the Republican party will be. The ones who have the most influence will lead it, and right now that is looking like those in the Limbaugh camp.

So - is this good or bad for the GOP? I think the 2010 elections will decide.

IF the GOP makes good gains there, the current course will be vindicated.

If NOT, then the question is, will the current leaders step aside? They can not regain credibility simply by flip-flopping to another agenda.

#22     May 11, 2009
  3. The GOP's real problem is that they are being left behind by demographics:

Today, only 2% of all GOP voters are Latino. Only 1% of Republicans are Black. Barely 15% of GOP voters are under 35. The GOP is built on an aging, dying electoral coalition.

The southern strategy isn't working so well; there is evidence that the Christian coalition is failing them as Christians wake up to the fact that ignoring the environment is basically wrong and it is hard to be the party of life when you won't fix a broken health care system that kills dozens each day by denying people access to affordable coverage.

In the 2004 election 78% of the evangelicals voted for the GOP while in the past election it was just over 50%.

These trends bode poorly and their current strategy of making the tent smaller while satisfying to some will be a disaster for them. At this point, the GOPs hope is Nancy Pelosi screwing up, actually not too bad an idea considering what an idiot she is.

Seneca

#23     May 11, 2009
  4. Considering how far to the left the GOP has moved since Reagan, it's no great mystery what the problem is.

It's like being given a choice between generic and brand name at a very similar price.

#24     May 11, 2009

5. Where I come from we do not talk to each other like that(black and white). Where is Limbaugh from? Some of these stupid comments are coming from people who have never lived it. We got tired of getting in fistfights. Not that it still doesn't happen. Listening to some of you makes me glad I am from God's country. Leave your filth where it is.

#25     May 11, 2009
  6. I would have thought it was impossible to string so many misconceptions and outright falsehoods together in a single post, but you did it.

The GOP's problems have nothing to do with anything you mention. They have to do with leadership or the lack thereof. Why should evangelicals vote for McCain, who clearly despises them? His campaign strategist and his daughter both gave speeches to the Log Cabin republicans saying the party should support homo marriage, which is so unpopular with voters it couldn't even pass in California. Somehow though, supporting it and deeply offending their most reliable bloc is supposed to help them. With strategists like this, it's no wonder they lose elections.

Blacks vote 99% for a candidate of their own race but it is republicans who are racist?

#26     May 11, 2009
  7. In large part part, yes, which explains why the "99%" voted the way they did. (AAA, just take a look at your brethren here at ET.)

#27     May 12, 2009
  8. Limbaugh is the leader of the Republican party now. He has accepted the mantle and the other party members defer to him, so he is it, de facto.

But that means Limbaugh has a lot on the line in the 2010 election. If the GOP makes good gains he can crow and increase his base and expand his "brand".

If not, he will be seen as a failed leader. But since he is also a business, his brand is going to diminish, and that means $$.

#28     May 12, 2009
  9. The GOP's problems have nothing to do with anything you mention. They have to do with leadership or the lack thereof. Why should evangelicals vote for McCain, who clearly despises them? His campaign strategist and his daughter both gave speeches to the Log Cabin republicans saying the party should support homo marriage, which is so unpopular with voters it couldn't even pass in California. Somehow though, supporting it and deeply offending their most reliable bloc is supposed to help them. With strategists like this, it's no wonder they lose elections.

I define the republikans problems as getting elected and my points are entirely on point as opposed to a nebulous term like ," leadership" and your anti McCain statements. Without winning elections the Republicans are no longer relevant.

The times and population shifts are shifting away from the GOP and to the only alternate the Dems.

Please document my falsehoods: eg, are more than 1% of Reps black; are more than a third over 35 years in age?
    ETc. HOw many latinos are registered as Republicans.

I believe PEW research was my source; please list yours if you have one.

Seneca

ps-racism is:"Racism is the belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race".

Sounds like Rush to me, fat white boy who thinks his shit don't stink

#29     May 12, 2009
  10. A possible solution?

[​IMG]

#30     May 12, 2009