Cheney Above The Law?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Landis82, Jul 12, 2009.

1. The current "Cap & Trade" Bill that passed the House of Representatives is so "watered-down" and gutted that the Federal Government is giving away FOR FREE 85% of the pollution rights (credits).

Ideally, these credits should have been AUCTIONED off, but they aren't . . . Instead, the "Cap & Trade" legislation that is heading to the Senate is now the biggest corporate welfare program ever. But leave it to you to tell everyone here otherwise.

It contains enough loopholes to make its claimed performance standards worthless, one of which prohibits the EPA from using the Clean Air Act to regulate future greenhouse gas emissions. That alone means they'll proliferate beyond what new technology reduces on its own, and only then if it's profitable to do it.

The giveaways and preferences in the bill will actually spur a new generation of nuclear and coal-fired power plants to the detriment of real energy solutions. Shell and Duke Energy practically helped write this bill. Coal gets a waiver till 2025, and Agribusiness is exempt altogether even though it's responsible for up to 1/4 of greenhouse gas emissions. Meanwhile, Wall Street and the Goldman's of the world will reap huge revenues through carbon trading derivatives - - - a market that the CGTC commissioner Bart Chilton believes will be a $2 TRILLION dollar market place.

I suggest that your parents pay for summer school the next time around so that you can enroll in a basic Econ course and have a basic understanding of economic policy instead of spending your entire day watching Faux News and posting drivel on ET. :D

The more and more that you post here, the more it becomes quite clear that you are one of the most ignorant posters on ET, and given the dregs of ET these days that's saying a lot! :D

#11     Jul 13, 2009
  2. Hey Bugs(coe) Bunny . . .

Where did you go and run and hide to after you got "educated" and pwn'd once again?

Another ET alias? :D

#12     Jul 14, 2009
  3. Thanks for posting that tid bit. My sentiments exactly. Sometimes, I come up with these 2 and 2 doesn't add up and frankly it's lonesome at the top.:D j/k

#13     Jul 14, 2009
  4. Arnie

Arnie

I recall reading an article about a year ago.....about the time Exxon and others decided to "get religion" on GW. There was a quote from some exec to the effect...(paraphrasing)

"We realize that if we aren't at the table when this legislation is written, then there's a good chance we will be on the menu". :D

#14     Jul 14, 2009
  5. Eight

Eight

It's Democrat kindergarten stuff. The reason people all over the world don't inform the American Congress of anything is because the Democrats will leak it to the NY Times...

All Congress can really do is tax manipulation. They never deal with any real issues. There are all sorts of problems they can end tomorrow but they can't, nobody informs them of important stuff and they are bought off on ALL the little stuff...

#15     Jul 14, 2009