Checking Clearing Firm

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by agras01, Oct 21, 2003.

1. agras01

agras01

Hi!

I just oppened a relail account with a brockerage firm and I am ready to sent considerable amount of money to their Clearance Firm.

How can I check them am out, especially their clearance firm?
    What is the regulatory authority that passes informations to prospective retail account owners?

I assume it is a branch of SIPC or SEC, but I am sure there are match more knowledgable folks out there than I am, that would guide me..

I would appreciate any relative information

Regards,

Agras

2. go to www.nasdr.com
    run a check on the discilinary disclosures...or go to the celaring firm web site:

www.penson.com
    www.swst.com

ect.....they should have all that info there...what clearing firm are you looking at?

3. agras01

agras01

hi

Computer Clearing Services, Inc.

Agras

4. I think they have 2 million in excess SIPC coverage.

5. Nordic

Nordic

Do all MB Salesmen know these stats?

TM_Direct
    Elite Member

07-17-03 05:28 PM

MB Trading's highly trained representatives are available to answer any questions you may have from 8:30am to 6:00pm EST on any regular trading day (see our one hour email guarantee). Our professionally staffed trade desk does not have an automated answering system or time consuming phone menus and is available from 7:30am to 8:00pm EST.

MB Trading
    1926 East Maple Ave, 1st Floor
    El Segundo, CA, 90245
    United States of America

Email Inquiries: asap@mbtrading.com

One-on-One Chat: www.mbtrading.com/chat.asp

Customer Service (866) 628-3001
    Trade Desk (866) 628-3002
    Futures Trading (866) 628-3003
    International (310) 647-4281
    Margin (866) 628-2009
    New Accounts (866) 628-2008
    Facsimile (310) 416-1420

6. jorges

jorges

Which broker you going with ?

7. jorges

jorges

8. I posted that as a reply to some poster claiming he had no idea how to get in touch with MB....for some reason, there are two posters who insist im working for MB trading.......why?? because i said kind words about them....But if you check my prior posts Ive said kind things about Redwood, Point Direx , Instaquote and Neovest......But if you want to continue portraying me as a salesmen for MB....Fine...but i have no affiliation with MB now or ever and do not have any current affiliation with the other firms...although I am VERY biased toward XOOM TRADE and would encourage everyone to try the platinum simulator:D

9. jorges

jorges

Thanks for the clarification.