check out this idea

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by quinson, May 10, 2010.

1. quinson

quinson

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to make the jump to the financial world and I have been sending out tons of resumes. I got a call back from a prop trading firm and it was really the first time I had ever heard of such a thing.

Did a little more research and found this place. I'm learning a lot.

Here's my idea: Can I just put up the deposit this firm was talking about and sit on it while I get sponsored for the Series 7? Is that even a good idea? Will fees and things like that just eat away at my deposit? Will they even let me just be an inactive bump on a log while getting licensed?

Probably plenty of things I haven't thought about but just thought I'd ask.

2. DT3

DT3

I'm pretty sure no series 7 firm will accept your deposit before you pass the 7

3. alot of prop firms are dropping S7 requirements these days. you might wanna look into these firms.

4. No "parking" of licesess is allowed. Most firms will have a monthly fee that negates any advantage anyway. But, I'm curious...if you wouldn't be trading, why bother to get a Series 7 anyway?

Don :confused:

5. quinson

quinson

I was thinking getting a Series 7 might give some advantages for moving into other areas of the financial world

6. Most "other" financial institutions won't allow you have have a professional trading set up at the same time. Just FYI.

Don

7. quinson

quinson

I was thinking just do the year lockup, get licensed, and then start exploring other places. Is it very hard to exit once that time runs?