Check out this commodity site I created!

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by commoditiestrdr, Jan 22, 2008.

1. Well spoken. Coming in like an innocent "I want to trade better, help me" flies in the face of paying a sponsorship and the ads that are draped around the various pages on the site.

Why can't a sponsor just tell people "this is my service, come check me out?" and without the self aggrandizement of the Tim Sykes generation)??

#21     Feb 8, 2008
  2. I actually discuss the same issue with him in his other thread (he posted several threads).

Simply, his explanation was that his wording wasn't accurate and he said he didn't meant to say he wanted help with his trading.

He was also candid and mention the advertising stuff and wanted help in improving his site to attract other traders and advertising dollars.

I guess you missed thast discussion and that's understandable due to the fact he has made multiple thread about the exact same thing here at ET with the exact same initial message post.

That aspect I did not understand (the need for multiple threads) because it only leads to split discussions and what may look develop in misinterpretations or unanswered questions when in fact everything is out in the open sort'uv speak in another thread.

Regardless, I think its odd that ET accepted him as a sponsor when he's bascially a competiting discussion forum.

Note: I've said the above before in one of his other threads and my message was deleted by a moderator.

I don't see anything above that violates any conduct rules at ET. :mad:

Mark

#22     Feb 8, 2008
  3. commoditiestrdr

commoditiestrdr Commodities View

I don't need help with my current trading but I am always open to seeing other trading ideas and systems. Learning is what I'm really interested in.

#23     Feb 11, 2008
  4. That is not the impression you gave in other posts.

But my beef with this sponsor, is presenting a deeply flawed and controversial thing like Elliot Wave, as if it were the Answer for newer traders.

EW is basically trash, until proven otherwise. I have never seen anyone with an independently verified, longterm, very successful track record using ONLY Elliot Wave. They wrap up EW with other things, which precludes it as an independently testable variable. Instead, we get this evidence:

"Oh, you cannot use EW by itself"

"Oh, I use EW along with other things in my trading"

"It is self-fulfilling"

"I believe it works"

#24     Feb 13, 2008
  5. commoditiestrdr

commoditiestrdr Commodities View

Man you are a weirdo give it a rest. I've made great returns with Elliott. Some of the greatest traders have used Elliott. It works for me...it may not be for everyone and it obviously isn't for you....

#25     Feb 13, 2008
  6. The weirdo is he who pays $$$ sponsorship to ET and solicits people to come to a competing forum, while all claiming it is just to help his own trading.

"It works for me" doesn't bode well for your EW claims:

1) I believe you already admitted you mix it with other things. And you certainly have already shown that you will drop your initial take on an EW at the drop of a hat ("or maybe it is a different wave")

2) I suggested before it was easy to prove. GO to collective2.com or Timertrac and get independent verification. But you seem to have forgotten. You would rather make claims than make proofs.

3) This is the proper definition of your "evidence" based on your last post (above):

Anecdotal evidence is an informal account of evidence in the form of an anecdote or hearsay. Misuse of anecdotal evidence is a logical fallacy and is sometimes informally referred to as the "person who" fallacy ("I know a person who..."; "I know of a case where..." etc. Compare with hasty generalization).

#26     Feb 15, 2008
  7. Since you avoided answering on the other thread, I will pull this forward so you can demo your great trading and prove EW. I know it was just an oversight on your part:

track records are irrelevant. INDEPENDENTLY monitored track records only, have some value. Go to:

Timertrac

collective2

timerdigest

or one of the other sites, and get longterm reviewed. Lord knows, there is little evidence that it works. But the lemmings keep coming.

The entire logic behind it is little more than casting chicken bones. Again, assuming the market moves in 5 or 3 wave groupings is unfounded and unproven.

I will await your link to your INDEPENDENTLY MONITORED calls. Of course, sound metrics are required. Decent Sharpe, Decent Profit, and > a couple of months tracking.

Otherwise, the noise continues.

#27     Feb 16, 2008
  8. jmoo

jmoo

Can titanium be traded on a futures contract? I think I picked the only dog of metal stocks USU and I'm trying to figure out the pricing on titanium relative to this stock..

#28     Feb 21, 2008