Check out these temps we've had in FL this week.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Baron, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Baron

Baron ET Founder

2. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

(Grumble)

3. Arnie

Arnie

Are you bragging or complaining?

4. Baron

Baron ET Founder

I think a little bit of both. I like the fact that it's not freezing cold here in the middle of winter but it does kind of suck to have days this hot because cooler days with highs in the 60's and 70's in Jan and Feb are what we look forward to all year.

5. Gee... Florida sounds like climate Heaven... with its "2-months" of good weather.

Missouri has only 1.

6. Overnight

Overnight

Don't let Baron fool you. Acclimation is the key.

Those mid 80 degree days he's posting? It is bollocks. Because when the temp drops back into the 60s and 70s at night, he'll have on a parka when he goes outside, and the house climate control thermostat will be set on "heat" with a setting of ~78 degrees F. 76 if he's eating beef. :)

At least he prolly has a heat pump, which is way more efficient in the summer when he has to flick on the A/C when it gets above 90 degrees, hehe.

(Disclaimer: This applies to central and south Florida only. North of that line, dunno' about that. They are weird up there. They get snow and shit.)

7. Baron

Baron ET Founder

There's a lot of truth to that. When I was living in North Carolina, I remember having short sleeves on in the 50's all the time. Now that I've been in Orlando for 20 years, the house feels absolutely freezing inside at any temp below 67 degrees.