Check out my systems performance in the last 3 weeks. I kid you not !

Discussion in 'Trading' started by zanek, May 25, 2012.

1. Macho

Macho

Thoughts...?:confused:

This is sheer fantasy.

You are not thinking. Would you have the nerve to continue to trade after a 164k drop (40+%) drawdown?And then continue as if nothing happened.

Theory is fine. Trading is totally different altogether.

#21     May 27, 2012
  2. zanek

zanek

Macho,

Thats a good point. However what if I just traded $50K each trade, then the drawn down would be $70K and the profit would be $1M

Thanks for the idea.

#22     May 27, 2012
  3. Mav88

Mav88

Blue horseshoe loves anacott steel

#23     May 27, 2012
  4. zanek

zanek

Mav88:

What's a "Wall Street" movie insider trading signal have to do with anything ?

Come on ! Stay on topic people

#24     May 27, 2012
  5. Looks like you are ready to go on TV and sell your system to all the folks up at night. Good luck!

#25     May 27, 2012
  6. The topic is - and I'm quoting the OP - "Thoughts?"

He gave his, so he's on topic.

Nothing that can be said on here will match the learning you get from turning the system on tonight (you're still doing that, right?), and seeing what happens.

#26     May 27, 2012
  7. LEAPup

LEAPup

No doubt his emotions will be on his sleeve after a dd like that! Op, like I said earlier, read, and LEARN risk management. As far as emotion, that's something only you can control. If you're one who can handle dd like that, more power to you, but I have my doubts.

#27     May 27, 2012
  8. I have a system that only trades 1,000 lots in the ES and only once per day for 2 points, 3.5 pt stop.

So far I am up $8234710897890723890127302983728903712

Then I paper-traded and "made" one billion "dollars"

then i got a real actual bill in the mail and realized...

ah.....ah.....well.....ah......

#28     May 27, 2012
  9. What happens if you reoptimize on that data (2007 to present) and let it run forward for six months?

It may be worth your time to find out.........

#29     May 27, 2012
  10. A) IMO you cannot predict issues like slippage, no fills, crosses, order errors, etc, etc. So I have no idea how you are account for that. Not getting filled is a huge hurdle with the futures, especially on auto strategies.
    B) personally I would never run live a back tested system..wait..I mean I have and I know the outcome. Consider running in SIM or demo for a few weeks so that it doesn't calculate to fit the curve as back testing does,,,then figure in a generous amount for slippage, no fills, errors, etc.
    Just my opinion.

#30     Jun 5, 2012