Check out my latest blog!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Andrea Wylan, Oct 6, 2020.

1. never2old

never2old

agree

thanks for the offer, I'll take that under consideration

exactly, you honed in on it.

no point doing that, since each & every trader (including you) have their own trading style/system/strategy & mindset/lifestyle - even if it is/was a low to high win rate/return rate as well as what they [individuals] are trading that could be totally different in comparison.

I am not an unsure, impulsive or fear type securities investor/trader, nor am I a day trader, not into futures either.... generally it's just picks that I can hedge & leverage.

Like you or others, I'm not ready to provide specifics on any trades.

I do know why some of my trades are less profitable or losers to other trades & you'd think by now that I should stop doing those trades - to stick with 'just' proven success trades, that way I'd likely end up with close 99% win rate... wouldn't that be great.

But isn't it fun having some losers, expecting to see if every trade could be a winner, that's what makes the game more interesting & more challenging!

Live & Learn

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
    #21     Oct 17, 2020
  2. Andrea Wylan

Andrea Wylan Sponsor

Interesting… I was with you until the last paragraph where you’re talking about having some fun with losers. Is that really what you want? Or do you want a higher win rate? I think sometimes just letting yourself get clearer and clearer but what you really want is enough to get you there. Perhaps that works for you?

#22     Oct 17, 2020
  3. never2old

never2old

indeed

from you own personal experience/knowledge - given the traders that you know/have worked with, is it possible to achieve an ongoing average 99% win rate?

or, what would you consider a good YOY average win rate to be?

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
    #23     Oct 18, 2020
  4. Andrea Wylan

Andrea Wylan Sponsor

I’ve never seen a 99% win rate! You can’t just look at the win rate. You need to look at the ratio of the wins to the losses as well.

But this isn’t really about win rates . . . this is about what’s going on inside of you. This is where I always say to traders you can’t keep focusing on the trades, the charts, the win rates. At some point you got a look at yourself. Ie, what you want, And what’s getting in your way.

#24     Oct 18, 2020
    Gaslight Capital likes this.
  5. themickey

themickey

It's a very large subject, where in the early days it's "I want the money", to later it morphs into numerous other interests, strategies and psychology like patience, not being greedy, protecting cspital.
    I suppose for me trading is also a lot of "What don't I want".
    These are; Trading in unsuitable situations, unsuitable stocks and unsuitable times. No way I want trading consuming my all day every day.
    They say trading should be boring. When you arrive there in the boring stage it helps to still have a life, friends, health, hobbies, family and a home to live in.

#25     Oct 18, 2020
    Andrea Wylan likes this.
  6. Handle123

Handle123

I think way too many people concentrate on profitable rates where I concentrate on lowering losing rates, the lower I can push down losing, more volume I can add to my position.

#26     Oct 21, 2020
    SimpleMeLike and themickey like this.
  7. You should trade only when you know what you are doing.

#27     Mar 4, 2021