Check out my latest blog!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Andrea Wylan, Oct 6, 2020.

1. never2old

never2old

just like religion & spirituality

#11     Oct 9, 2020
  2. Why isn't your win rate / return better? Maybe we'll actually get somewhere in this discussion when YOU answer THAT question.

#12     Oct 11, 2020
  3. never2old

never2old

@formikatrading thanks fo the question & interest.

I'm up for a dialogue ... ready?

it is what it is & I have yet to master how to do better.

for the last 10 years my win rate has averaged 51%

comparing win rates the way that I trade/invest, 'I am not a day trader' - and I've often wondered if 'my win rate is low average or high'. I trade lass than 5 secuities a year, I currently hold only 2 positions, one since summer 2010 (holding/not sold in part or in & out), the second position since August 2020, still holding, will exit the second position by December 31.

over each 12mth calendar period I dabble, I play the market foolishly, no plan, because what I play its money that I can lose ...fun to do, entertainment, passes the time.... what have I learned from that - that a 51% win rate is OK, yet I would like to find out how to consistently over the next 10 years how to be able to get a consistent/average 75% win rate

I'm 73 retired, I dont need to keep building wealth, not saving for retirement, do not need trading/investment income to supplement or sustain my current lifestyle.

souce maketwatch: "Jim Simons is the most successful money maker in the history of modern finance. Since 1988, his flagship Medallion hedge fund has scored average annual returns of 66% before charging investors hefty fees — and 39% after those fees".

@
    formikatrading I welcome input & suggestions or maybe you could help me increase my win rate with your mindset/plan or strategy. I'm all ears & willing to learn from anyone that has a consistent high win rate/return rate

@formikatrading / Thiago Ghilardi ...what is/has been you personal win rate & return rate over the past 10 years?

do you make most of your personal income/wealth from personal trading or from your "Trademetria" business?

do you pay more than $750 in personal income tax?

Last edited: Oct 11, 2020
    #13     Oct 11, 2020
  4. I don't want to hijack Andrea's thread here so this is my last post on this thread but the point is it seems like you don't know if it's you or your strategy.

#14     Oct 11, 2020
    Gaslight Capital likes this.
  5. never2old

never2old

you asked, I replied.

like othe posters, since you entered the thread & thank you again for your question - one with a loud "YOU", please tell us why are YOU unable to respond to THAT post of mine above?

do you nomally shout at people when looking for a response?

in the public domain, I see you also endorse Andrea's coaching/training.

are you qualified to make an assumption on my trading pefomance based on my posts or my results, if so you should become a trading coach & join Andrea's team... or are you already "working" with her?

Last edited: Oct 11, 2020
    #15     Oct 11, 2020
  6. old coot

old coot

Market as a mirror...You may be onto something there. When my wife was alive and healthy, I'd trade some, we'd do things together, all was good. I didn't sit in front of a computer 16 hours a day. She'd sit down to watch TV, I'd go into my library and pour over charts. A whole lot of happiness, a whole lot of money coming in. She got sick, my stability as a trader began to fade. She died, it got even worse, plus I started getting OCD.
    When life was good, my trading was good. When life got really ugly, so did my trading. Maybe I'm resigning myself to spending too much time in front of a computer now. Trading has more or less stabilized, but there's no joy in it. Just like real life. I look at all the things that haven't changed. I trade better, I think about how good things used to be...I trade worse.

#16     Oct 11, 2020
    comagnum and beginner66 like this.
  7. Andrea Wylan

Andrea Wylan Sponsor

Hi Old coot, i’m sorry for the loss of your wife. It sounds like it had a huge impact on your life and you’re trading. I think taking care of ourselves is so important as traders. And noticing when we’re out of sorts emotionally and perhaps not trading for a while until things Get processed. I think it’s one of the things that makes trading really hard because in other professions you can go to work even when you feel your absolute worst and you can still come home with a paycheck. As traders, when we feel that bad, we often end up losing money . . .not even breaking even, When we are going through such hard life situations.

I hope you’re being able to find new people in your life that you can connect with and find ways to bring love and connection and satisfaction into your life. Thank you for sharing your personal life. I’m sure other traders can relate!

#17     Oct 14, 2020
  8. Andrea Wylan

Andrea Wylan Sponsor

It sounds like you’re wanting more for yourself. You reached out to me with questions. You’re interacting with the board on your success rates. I might just ask you, what is it that you want? Are you clear? Do you think it’s possible? Maybe start with a discussion with yourself…

#18     Oct 14, 2020
  9. never2old

never2old

absolutely, always.

if its about securities investing, then its simply a higher win rate/ROCE rate than I am presently getting

Absolutely

Absolutely

thanks for the suggestion, I might just try that if you think it will help me.

#19     Oct 14, 2020
  10. Andrea Wylan

Andrea Wylan Sponsor

Good idea. You clearly want more. I guess the question is what exactly do you want? If it is really a better rate of winning trades, then focus in there.

How do you get that? If you and I worked together we could look at your trades and see which worked best. And why they worked. And, then do more of those and less of the ones that don't work. (Maybe you would be willing to share one of your best trades and one of the lesser ones here on ET and let other traders point out suggestions?)

Hone in on the goal. Even if you take LESS trades because of it, your win ratio could go up.

On the other hand, if some of your trades are less-than because they are impulsive, fear-based, etc. then you are looking at your mindset as the issue. That is not as straight-forward for dealing with. But, still possible.

#20     Oct 16, 2020