Cheapest way to bet on crude oil spot prices?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by tonyf, Mar 27, 2020.

1. SteveM

SteveM

OP, buy a basket of the high-yielding MLP CEFs....it will be a rocky ride, but you will likely collect some dividends, and many are trading at wide discounts to NAV right now.

I own SZC and FEI....there is certainly room to the downside but I think over the next couple years things will stabilize in the global oil markets.

#11     Mar 27, 2020
  2. tonyf

tonyf

That's a great idea but I hate dividends as a foreign investor subjected to WHT

#12     Mar 27, 2020
  3. tonyf

tonyf

None o
    What I buy is none of your business really....unless you are my wife and then we have more serious issues seeing you on this forum.

#13     Mar 27, 2020
  4. tonyf

tonyf

After much thinking, the cheapest way of betting on oil seems to be buying Norwegian Krona. The correlation is staggering.

#14     Apr 2, 2020
  5. JFonseca

JFonseca

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem: how to make money on the oil return to 40USD? I have started this thread: https://www.elitetrader.com/et/threads/crude-oil.342757/

I am using WisdomTree WTI Crude Oil 2x Daily Leveraged (Loi.L) but would like to listen alternative ways of playing this.

Thanks,
    Joaquim

#15     Apr 4, 2020
  6. tonyf

tonyf

That threads stinks of high risk gambling...

#16     Apr 4, 2020
  7. JFonseca

JFonseca

I know :( And in the middle of all that talk my post got unanswered and forgotten... still trying to figure out if the way I am trading this oil situation is reasonable or not... to me it makes sense, but I am highly concerned about about etf depreciation due to volatility before oil gets to 40USD

#17     Apr 4, 2020
  8. Overnight

Overnight

Hmmm. What is the spot price of oil right now? I did not know oil had a spot price, like gold in London.

#18     Apr 4, 2020
  9. ProShares Ultra Bloomberg Crude Oil (UCO) buy and hold this if you want to swing trade crude oil

#19     Apr 4, 2020
  10. yours! what's your size?

#20     Apr 4, 2020