Cheapest real-time charts?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by heavy, Jan 27, 2006.

1. yes, but not in real time while you are trading...any ideas?

#21     Jan 28, 2006
  2. ??? All IB data is real-time, and the pre-market/after market data would be as well. On Monday, run the quotes prior to market open. You should see the chart form premarket if you have the chart set to show Pre-market data (Right Click, VIEW menu, Show Pre/Post Market - set it to Always or until Market Opens)

#22     Jan 28, 2006
  3. Kiwi Trader,

Have you actually ran them side by side to see what is more timely/accurate data? I am not in love with E signal and I can't stand the price, but I am leery of moving to IB data.

#23     Jan 28, 2006
  4. You can use Scottrade data connected to Medved Quotetracker and both of them are free.

#24     Jan 28, 2006
  5. Your probably using a "Smart" order routing symbol. trying selecting a symbol using "Island" for pre post mkt trading/charting.

#25     Jan 28, 2006
  6. Have you seen some of the recent post on Esignal on this forum?

#26     Jan 28, 2006
  7. Over the last year QT has added every single feature that I wanted, except one. In fact I feel kind of guilty asking for anything else but every improvement makes it more attractive so in the long run Im helping.:D I use simple OHLC bars and there is no option to increase the thickness of the bars and the default thickness is kind of thin, imo. Almost everything else now has a thickness option. Is there any way this could be included. Jer, huh, pretty please.

#27     Jan 28, 2006
  8. Yes, from what I have read about Esignal's data problems that they
    have from time to time, I would be very leery of using them... :p

#28     Jan 28, 2006
  9. OHLC bar thickness will be variable in the next beta version of QT, so if there is enough room, QT will make them thicker

#29     Jan 28, 2006
  10. My broker doesn't offer historical backfill data and I use Quote Tracker, so I have an IQFeed subscription. I used to have eSignal, but they are way more money for the same thing. If you click the link to the IQFeed site off the QT site, you get a rate that is approx $20.00 p/month for equities data. I have CME emini data which is $23.00 or something. I have had no probs with data from them since switching over a few months ago. Not sure about before that.

This set up is great for me, I am very happy with it.

I have used a variety of charting applications, and I can't say enough good things about QT. It is great for charting, but the best part is the customer service. Jerry and his team respond to emails almost instantaneously and really provide answers that help. They listen to trader's feedback and actually update the software constantly with new features. If you arent going to program your own systems, or custom indicators, I would give QT a look for sure.

#30     Jan 28, 2006