Cheapest real-time charts?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by heavy, Jan 27, 2006.

1. If you don't like adverts, you can just register QuoteTracker. $5 per month (if registered annually) is cheaper than pretty much evertything else out there

#11     Jan 28, 2006
  2. "or just dont like Quotetracker" :)

#12     Jan 28, 2006
  3. You don't have to register if you don't like QuoteTracker, though you would be in the minority

#13     Jan 28, 2006
  4. lol.

If the tradestation, sierrachart and esignal guys were as loud here as the quotetracker guy they'd probably get accused of something. Free advertising Baron??

QT is an ok package for some uses. There are quite a lot of users here. But it isn't the greatest thing out there in the opinion of lots of people (it is in the opinion of some others obviously :)).

Once again I'll say it for the original questioner: If you don't like quotetracker then try one of the others. There are lots of good packages out there and I think you'll prefer some of them to qt :)

Actually, IBs own charting, a program called IBCharts and the charting with order entry programs like NinjaTrader and ZeroLineTrader all have there place as well. Have fun checking them out.

#14     Jan 28, 2006
  5. I have used Esignal, Realtic, Qcharts and IB's data feed is equal to or better, imo. After four years I have not seen any serious lags that were IB's fault that I can recall. I use and love quotetracker but sierra and ensign offer a few more options for programmer types. Lots of inexpensive options. My overhead is almost nonexistent other than commissions. Its amazing. Not many businesses can say that.

#15     Jan 28, 2006
  6. Trading since 1978...

Have used:

Realtick
    REDI
    Lightspeed
    Hammer
    Cybertrader
    Others

For retail:

IB and Medved......The best in the business
    Best retail business model...highest growth rate in users
    since 1998...The voters have voted...

Solid financials

.............................................................................

For leverage....speed...and price.... Nasdaq NYSE

Genesis
    Best business model for market niche in the US

#16     Jan 28, 2006
  7. My only problem with IB and QT is I like to trade stocks pre and post market...IB allows you to trade early but their data feed only goes from 9.30-4, so charts and time and sales window doesnt show trades pre and post market.....

#17     Jan 28, 2006
  8. Shorttrader88, IB data does have extended hours. You may be getting 9:30 to 4 because of your settings. Go to OPTIONS/Data Sources menu in QuoteTracker, click on QUOTES and check the box to use default active times.

If you still have a problem, email support@quotetracker.com and we can look at it further

#18     Jan 28, 2006
  9. just moved to IB because they let you trade early....but they told me this twice yesterday that charts and time and sales only shows during regular hours...so couldnt get any data from your site yesterday moring..

#19     Jan 28, 2006
  10. Their "chart" data only shows regular hours. In QuoteTracker, that would be equivalent to Backfill. However, if you have QT running during that period and it is getting Level I quotes, then it would store those and chart them.

#20     Jan 28, 2006