Cheapest place to upload FOLDERS...?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Math_Wiz, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Math_Wiz

Math_Wiz

I see some cheap websites where I can upload (backup) files individually, but I'm looking for a cheap place where I can upload entire folders which contain hundreds of files.

I'm looking to backup 10-15 GB of data.

Free is best, but I'm willing to pay a little bit if necessary.

Thanks,
    +-*/ Math_Wiz

2. http://mozy.com

3. Select files to be backed up.
    Simply check the boxes next to the backup sets, or types of files you want to back up, and MozyHome does the rest. In addition to selecting files by backup sets, you also have the option of selecting specific files and directories.

3. gnome

gnome

Is this for backup?

External hard drive doesn't work for you?

4. IDriveE provides up to 50 GB for $5 or $6 a month. That said mozy's backup is a little cleaner.

5. I'm using Carbonite, main reason it's automatic and easy.
    I haven't had to use it to recover any files so I can't rate the service in that way.

6. Math_Wiz

Math_Wiz

Thanks guys.

1. IDriveE is $10/month for 50GB. Mozy is half-price.
    2. Carbonite doesn't work on Windows 2000. (I love my old OS and refuse to give it up until I'm forced to).
    3. I have an external HD and it works fine, but I would enjoy the peace of mind that only offsite backup can provide.
    4. I'm currently trying MozyFree (2GB limit) and it seems to be working fine, except that it peculiarly doesn't allow me to backup anything in my Program Files folder (although I can move stuff OUT of the folder and then back it up). I'll probably upgrade to the $5/month plan after I play around with the free version for a few days. Hopefully I can backup my Program Files folder with the paid version.

So thanks for the Mozy suggestion! Seems to be the hands-down winner (at least from the few entries received)!

+-*/ Math_Wiz

7. Mozy is useless for archiving if that is your intention.

For cheap and unlimited storage you can try a combination of jungledrive and amazon s3 service.

8. I completely agree about Jungle Drive. I recently switched to them after using Mozy and MozyPro for a couple years. Although Mozy was recently purchased by EMC, I had always been concerned about their proprietary hold on my data.

I checked into Jungle Disk after a recommendation from gr8stock. The beauty of their system is your data is completely independent of the backup service (everything is stored on Amazon S3). Their software and support has been excellent and I cannot recommend them enough.

9. Math_Wiz

Math_Wiz

Thanks, I'll be checking out jungledisk shortly.

+-*/ Math_Wiz

10. Math_Wiz

Math_Wiz

JungleDisk rocks. Along with JungleDisk Plus. Cost of the software is $20. Plus $0.15/GB for whatever you got stored on their servers. Plus $1/month for JungleDisk Plus. Plus a penny or two for every MB uploaded/downloaded.

Thanks so much for the recommendation!! Mozy is nice, and JungleDisk seems to cost roughly the same as long as you are storing 30GB or less, but JungleDisk is better. I like the interface better. And the features seem better. So I'm going with JungleDisk.

Thanks again for the recommendation.

+-*/ Math_Wiz

#10     Oct 6, 2008