Cheapest Place to buy a waterfront lot <$20,000

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Sikhinvestor, Dec 10, 2007.

1. Hi Everyone,

I was looking to buy a cheap waterfront lot - Tropical, just for investment purposes. I dont really care where it is except Africa. Luckily, I dont intend to retire for another 30 years, so I have time on my hands, and finally sold a place, which netted me some proceeds. I would like to use that money to buy some waterfront property, I had a friend who worked with my father back 20 years ago, and bought a place near a little area called Lions Bay, outside of Vancouver. I think his investment gone up 3 fold, and he told me to look at waterfront, but wasn't sure where to buy.

If you know of any cheap places to buy waterfront, doesn't matter the place, but a nice palmy beach, please let me know!

Thanks,

SIKHINVESTOR

2. If you believe in global warming, you could buy a cheap lot in Arizona, since you have 30 years to retire.

3. An acquaintance bought oceanfront in Nicaragua, but I don’t remember what he paid.

4. nealvan

nealvan

Nowhere in the United States. I had thought about getting a place on East Coast of Florida but would cost much more. I heard there was a lot of crime there though.

5. Would you be willing to buy in areas that have been hit recently by volcanos or tsunamis?

6. you might be able to get waterfront property in the US for that price. probably not oceanfront, but on some lake or polluted river out where no one wants to live and of course it won't be developed (ie, no sewer, water, electricity) . maybe there's some lake in north dakota that is unfrozen during the summer.