Cheapest Options Commissions?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by crimony, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Negotiate. Make your case. Regardless of broker.

Listed rates are as follows:

http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/accounts/fees/commissionStockIndexOptions.php?ib_entity=us

>10,000 contracts/month $0.50/contract.

Trading teenies: $0.50/contract or $0.25/contract.

If you're trading >2,000 contracts/month then best option might be to join a JBO and get access to haircut into the bargain (but with pooled risk downside etc.)

Commissions will likely be in the $0.50-$0.70/contract range at a JBO + monthly platform fees where appropriate.

Good luck.

MoMoney.

#11     Aug 2, 2006
  2. Last time I checked, the answer is no.

They will not price match anyone. To paraphrase one of the co-founders: "We are not competing with IB"

Bear in mind that IB has cancellation fees (though there are credits to offset)

Other brokers like Optionsxpress etc. are fair game for price matching when approaching ToS.

Disclaimer: the information above is several months old.

MoMoney.

#12     Aug 2, 2006
  3. leonnis

leonnis

i just send a email to Tom Preston and ask him how many contracts would i have to fill to get zero ticket and 0.75 per contract.
    let you know....

#13     Aug 2, 2006
  4. Good luck. Each day that goes by there is more pressure to lower commissions across the industry IMO. If you have a decent trading history with them your chances may be good. I know they have gone down to $1.00/contract no ticket charge for some people.

#14     Aug 2, 2006
  5. #15     Aug 2, 2006
  6. i tried to get options express to match ib a few months ago they told me to get lost. there best deal was $1.50 a contract but a crazy $7.50 min. what makes the ib's so compelling is there $1 min. emans i can scalp and and out with small size all day logn adn not get killed by a min

#16     Aug 2, 2006
  7. TOS only matches the published commission fee. They don't match negotitated commission schedule if you can prove it.

#17     Aug 2, 2006
  8. MoMoney,

What is JBO? I like to get haircut margin from a prop firm, but their rate is higher.

#18     Aug 2, 2006
  9. #19     Aug 2, 2006
  10. Choicetrade offers $.75 per contract without cancellation fees, but with minimum order size, etc.

I have also negotiated really good rates with 2 other brokers because of a volume.

#20     Aug 6, 2006