Cheapest for Big Size

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by daniel_m, Aug 27, 2002.

1. I want to open a separate account solely for trading QQQs with decent size (5000-10,000 shares at once). This would be cheaper to do than with a per/share broker.

So far the cheapest I have found is datek, who charge $9.95 for up to 5000. I wouldn't mind paying 2 lots of 9.95 to take 10,000 shares. It's still better than anything else i've seen.

Does anyone know of any other brokers who could better this deal?

2. gnome

gnome

I talked with someone a few months ago... $8.00 with no size limit? I think it was Ameritrade. If not, it was somebody else. Check around?

3. u130747

u130747

Ameritrade charges $8.00 for market orders. Stops and limits add $5.00. Does not appear to have a 5000 share limit like Datek. They give you 25 free trades to open an account.

http://www.ameritrade.com/

Bert:D :cool:

4. ElCubano

ElCubano

5. ameritrade? scottrade? please.. i need direct access, not those glorified email brokers..

6. ElCubano

ElCubano

should have mentioned that in your first post..instead of wasting our time....

7. what is the name of this forum?

" Forums ›› Direct-Access Brokers ›› Retail Firms "

I didn't think I needed to state the patently obvious..

8. ElCubano

ElCubano

retail firms.....:confused:

9. Andre

Andre

ameritrade? scottrade? please.. i need direct
    access, not those glorified email brokers.

For what it's worth, Ameritrade's commissions are too high for my current share size. However, I like their interface, stops have worked, etc. My response has been pretty fast in my limited trading through that account.

10. yeah, BUT... since 'retail firms' is a subset of 'direct-access brokers' (on ET)... i thought it was obvious that retail firms discussed here would have the property of being 'direct-access'

#10     Aug 27, 2002