Cheapest Charting Service

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by bobcathy1, Apr 17, 2003.

1. vinigar

vinigar

BobCathy1,
    You can use Scottrade as a way to back fill...and its is free to!....there is a limit on the number of symbols you can have...I believe it is ten....all you have to do is go to Scottrade and register with them for free....they give you a password code etc...then in MedVed QuoteTracker...under options....select Data Source Proxies....Backfill....then enter your codes.
    I have used real tick...and others in the past. I have been using QuoteTracker for a long time now....Jerry constantly improves his program...and if you have a question...he answers them...is it on a par with Real Tic etc?...he is real close!!!! and when that is free....or sixty bucks a year ( without ads) you can't beat it...you said you have IB....that means that you can execute your trades from within QuoteTracker if you want to and use them for data feed...it works just fine....you can also get a news feed if you want....at his web site he has the different data feed providers....their fees and recommendations.
    As far as Scottrade ...I am not sure about CME backfill...as you know I only do stocks...maybe Jerry knows?

#21     Apr 19, 2003
  2. Ken_DTU

Ken_DTU

Quotetracker is the best free charting program by far ... Jerry does a great job w/it.

eSignal is the best professional pay charting program by far... has all the advanced features and reliability/precision..

Ken

#22     Apr 19, 2003
  3. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

I downloaded it and it is all up and ready for Monday morning to test it out....thank you so much guys:)

#23     Apr 20, 2003
  4. Along with bobcathy1's question, I 've got an additional question for this thread: Does anybody know of a provider that offers level II as a standalone that shows integrated ecn's?

Thanks

#24     Apr 20, 2003
  5. what exactly do you mean by integrated ECNs? All NASDAQ Level II will show bid/ask data from ECNs as well as other MMs. Do you mean you want the individual ISLAND orders displayed (as an example) instead of the single entry for best ISLAND bid/ask?

#25     Apr 20, 2003
  6. That's what I'm looking for.

#26     Apr 20, 2003
  7. i use and like www.nextrend.com as a back up provider $33.00 per month with great analytics . it is very stable and a great service. customer service needs improvement however.

enjoy !

surfer:)

#27     Apr 20, 2003
  8. Thanks, marketsurfer. It looks like they've got what I've been looking for. According to their edat features, they show the depth for each ecn book in level II. I don't know how I over looked them.

#28     Apr 20, 2003