Cheapest Charting Service

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by bobcathy1, Apr 17, 2003.

1. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

Great, I will install it and see how it works for me tonight.
    I use hardly any of the TS capabilities and just though it was a waste of money for me. Cannot beat free.....

#11     Apr 17, 2003
  2. NOTE: QT charts the data that it receives throughout the day. Therefore, if you open the intraday chart at night, it will have no data. Once you run QT during the day, it will show data.

There is a way to backfill the quotes, but IB does not provide the data needed for that. You can use IQFeed datafeed for QT to backfill IB symbols, but that is a subscription.

Just FYI so you don't think that something is broken :)

#12     Apr 17, 2003
  3. cathy you'd better install and run it now to gather quotes if you want something to play with tonight :D

#13     Apr 17, 2003
  4. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

I knew there was a reason it was for free.
    It needs the back data. Otherwise it just starts in the air pretty much. I will see what the extra data for it costs.

#14     Apr 17, 2003
  5. go right here cathy..

http://www.iqfeed.net/quotetracker/

#15     Apr 17, 2003
  6. if you have medved on always....will it save historical intraday to a file?

Michael B.

#16     Apr 17, 2003
  7. Yes. It will save up to 2 days of data if using an un-registered version. Up to 5 days for registered users

#17     Apr 17, 2003
  8. j medved

In www.quotetracker.com is there a way to enable TICK TRIN other in the indicies panel.

I would like to place the symbol in the portfolio and click to open a intraday chart.

Is this possible? Any other way to see TICK TRIN other than top panel?

Thanks for a great program and service.

#18     Apr 19, 2003
  9. Chuck_T

Chuck_T eSignal

eSignal has launched a new real time streaming quote product MarketCenter. We have a special intro offer of just $1 per month - regular price just $4.95! Exchange fees extra.

This product is targeted at the less active trader, or casual investor who wants a true real time streaming product. Can run on any PC without having to download software.

This is a light weight Java real time streaming US and Canadian stock quote system. With Java it runs on PCs, MACs, and Linux, and is firewall friendly (can use it at work).

Uses the same reliable (award winning) eSignal quote servers. Many add on options will be coming soon - expect streaming charts, Scanners, and Futures (eminis) in early May.

Check it out here: http://www.esignal.com/marketcenter

Chuck
    @eSignal

#19     Apr 19, 2003
  10. ryoubetteroff,

If Quote.com is the index quote source in QuoteTracker, you can add TICK.NQ and TRIN.NQ to the index panel as user defined indices. Some other index sources have it as well, like Marketfeed and IQFeed.

#20     Apr 19, 2003