cheapest broker no monthly fees

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by fred1, May 10, 2012.

1. Yes I use Cunningham T4 every day. It is great.
    I believe that it is C-sharp though, not Java.

For PFG Best Direct, all you have to do is ask and they will come way down on commissions if you have a decent account size. Lower than IB as I said. I have an account there.

You have to know how to negotiate. Do not ask them what commission rate they charge. Instead, tell them what commission rate you want to pay and what your account size and trading will be like.

If you want to mail me the size of your account, I can help you figure out a commission rate and I will send you a contact at PFG. (I am not affiliated with PFG or any broker).

However, PFG's free platform is very basic and sluggish so most probably will want to use another platform than Best Direct (they allow you to use quite a few). I use the Cunningham T4 account for quotes and charts so I do not need much in the PFG account other than order entry.

#11     May 13, 2012
  2. I'm interested in a low fees broker.
    What is the broker you use ? And what are the fees ?

#12     May 14, 2012
  3. fred1

fred1

@comintel: t4 is really a cool ap. you are right it is c and c++ not java. so what! it is rock solid and gives a semi-pro trader whatever he needs. i have checked about 30 t4 offers including pfgbest. pfgbest charges a fee. they charge even a high fee for their own software. i would use t4 if it was free. unfortunately it is not.

one of my lowest fees future brokers is ampfutures. their support is mediocre. it does not hurt me because i never need any support once the (stable) platform is running. i prefer when i do not have to talk to anyone and i can do everything online. other people need a nanny maybe...then amp is not the right broker.
    also lightspeed is very cheap and very good. i saw only recently that they throw in a free platform and their commission is only 60 cents. in addition to that you do not need to pay for moving your money in and out and you can do forex without commisions and tight spreads, about 1.6 pips for eur. second best universal broker in the world, after ib.

i do also like deepdiscounttrading.com. they provide excellent service and they are very cheap. you will pay for software though..

#13     May 14, 2012
  4. pfranz

pfranz

Hi everybody,
    any news on Zumo? Did someone try it?

Thank you

#14     Aug 14, 2012
  5. TheBlackHand

TheBlackHand Guest

How can IB be the best platform when:

1. They offer zero support (we all need support or a desk to call if your PC blows, lose connectivity etc)

2. They only offer snap shot data - worse than throttling.

I'd say IB are one of the worst. Right down there with Velocity

As for good rates, try deep discount trading (futures only).

#15     Aug 14, 2012
  6. Nym

Nym

IB clearly the cost of the commissions and this is the only broker that put right in front of you the costs that you have:

CTS (*), for example does not and make me afraid of hidden costs. However this is just a first impression because i never used it (yet :) )

For the folks that are familiar with that platform, what can you trade? Everything that is in the exchanges that are listed?

(*) http://www.ctsfutures.com

#16     Aug 14, 2012