Cheaper alternative to Realtick?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by listedguru, Oct 16, 2003.

1. kowboy

kowboy

Say Chris, what does your software/charting/data feed consist of and where does your level 2 come from?
    I was thinking of changing to MB Trading because of the Navigator.

Thanks for your reply.

#21     Oct 20, 2003
  2. richk

richk

If I can recommend from my personal experience, go and use DTN IQ products for Real Time Data Feed. They have very reliable service with very nice price structure.

You can use their own charting software (DTN IQ) or third party software with their data feed product (IQFeed).

I personally use IQFeed with Quotetracker, but you can use also different software packages.

Happy trading,

:D :p

#22     Oct 20, 2003
  3. H2O

H2O

You can also take a look at IRD (European Realtick)

http://www.ird.com

Personally I don't use them but at least they offer Realtick software at a better price than Realtick does !!!

#23     Oct 20, 2003
  4. ChrisRT

ChrisRT

You can use one of several providers with MB's Navigator program. The Level 2 data depends if you use stand alone or not..if you do, the Level 2 is right on the Navigator for a fee, waived depending on trading activity. If you use the Nav integrated, that data will come from the provider itself. Without me having to type it all out, best to just go the link that describes how it works:

http://www.mbtrading.com/integration.asp

Chris

#24     Oct 20, 2003
  5. kowboy

kowboy

Thanks RichK and TM_Direct and Chris RT for your replies. I will check these out.

TM_Direct, Sorry about the duplication, but I just asked on another similar thread, before I go with MB Trading, if anyone had compared Protrader with MB Trading. Maybe someone has looked at both of these?

#25     Oct 20, 2003
  6. cyberanga

cyberanga

I'd personally stay clear of DTN right now with their bankruptcy and all...they say that their services won't be affected, but i know for a fact that they're in much worse shape than they're saying that they are...

#26     Oct 20, 2003
  7. Do IB users get a special deal from esig? I didn't see anything on IB site about it, but it's easy to miss things there.

#27     Oct 20, 2003
  8. klev

klev

QCharts is the way to go for overall value.

#28     Oct 20, 2003
  9. klev

klev

#29     Oct 20, 2003
  10. iqfeed

iqfeed DTN

You don't know anything "for a fact". The truth is it was a prepackaged filing to reorg our dept structure. We will actually be a stronger company when we emerge which is scheduled to occur in the next 2 weeks. Our cash flow is very strong and it is business as usual. Now is a better time than ever to look at our data products. We are increasing our satellite bandwidth, working on a faster receiver box for satellite, developing new satellite software interfaces, and improving our datafeeds every day. While other companies can't afford to provide full broadcast feeds, we continue to invest and improve ours. If we were in "bad shape" none of this investment would be occuring.

Information, and "the facts" about our restructuring is available at
    www.datatransmissionnetworkcorp.com

Jay

#30     Oct 22, 2003