Cheap way to move residency to Hong kong or Singapore

Discussion in 'Taxes and Accounting' started by JKG77, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Mobh

Mobh

#51     Oct 20, 2018
  2. Mobh

Mobh

Sorry, I just noticed that this has already been answered by HobbyTrading

#52     Oct 20, 2018
  3. Just noticed this thread. To the original poster, one possibility is to associate you self with one of the many FinTech firms in either HK and SG, and then gain a visa that way. Both locations are heavily promoting FinTech startup industry, so visas are relatively easy to obtain. If you need specific pointers on which firms / whom to talk to in either location, send me a PM and I can point a few names your way. Let's say you are primarily trading in German bond futures, then there are FinTech firms that trying to say, build a Blockchain based electronic trading platform, and if you offer your expertise, they may take you on to help them, etc.

#53     Oct 20, 2018
    schweiz likes this.
  4. Are you sure you wouldn't be taxed for trading earnings in Singapore if they are your main source of income? I know capital gains taxes are in theory 0%, but in practice in some countries things change if they consider you an active trader and bullshit like that.

I'm currently living in the Philippines, where you don't pay anything from money earned outside the country. I'm considering Singapore, but I doubt they would just let me start a random company and employ myself (also cost of living is quite higher than here).

#54     Oct 20, 2018
  5. schweiz

schweiz

That's a problem in a lot of countries. The only way to avoid that is to ask a fiscal ruling , if that is possible. If you cannot get that it is better to go elsewhere.

#55     Oct 20, 2018