Cheap way to move residency to Hong kong or Singapore

Discussion in 'Taxes and Accounting' started by JKG77, Oct 15, 2018.

1. dealmaker

dealmaker

It does not. It's an easy cheap way to move.

#21     Oct 16, 2018
  2. JKG77

JKG77

Thanks, but I was referring to (tax) residency, instead of travelling as a tourist. I also don't need a visa if just travel to those countries.

#22     Oct 16, 2018
  3. JKG77

JKG77

Thanks Luis. I guess the only way left to me is to get a job...

#23     Oct 16, 2018
  4. schweiz

schweiz

Most people get a job because they need the money... :D
    You have a luxury problem...

#24     Oct 16, 2018
  5. JKG77

JKG77

luxury problem? not at all.. i am just comfortable.. :)

i worked many years before... thing is I need to get a non-finance job as otherwise i cannot be free to trade either... this could be difficult as my entire career was in finance..

#25     Oct 16, 2018
  6. schweiz

schweiz

I worked in treasury management, so finance too. Before trading full time I made the switch by working parttime. So I was always home before the opening of the market in Chicago.

#26     Oct 16, 2018
  7. luisHK

luisHK

Yes, not necessarily the coolest way if you don't want to work for someone. Do you have kids ?
    If not it is doable to couple Dealmaker's advice with a tax residency in a low tax country. Get residency in Dubai or Malaysia than spend much time in Spore or HK, for Spore Malaysia looks more convenient. You might get into troubles if you spend too much time in high tax countries as their tax authorities can give you hard time, but it is unlikely in HK, where it was definetely possible to enter repeatedly on a 3 months visa exemption after a day trip until a few years back, not so sure about the situation now.
    With kids you usually need to seek residency and live where they go to school, so it gets more complicated.
    If you are serious about HK you may contact an immigration lawyer there, even when the capital entrant scheme was only around 1 mil USD people found it more convenient (cheaper ?) to go via the corporation set up than move to HK as director of that company. Same advice would apply for Spore, life is much nicer than in HK ime and banks are apparently easier to deal with for new companies.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
    #27     Oct 17, 2018
  8. They

They

Johor Bahru (JB) Malaysia is basically an extension of Singapore now.

Safe, much cheaper housing, vehicle no problem, same good food 'la'.

#28     Oct 17, 2018
  9. JKG77

JKG77

I do have kids, so school is important. :( That's why I prefer HK/Singapore to the other Asian countries. Yes I should do more research and talk to some immigration lawyer.

I think the corporation set-up approach needs to be some real business and also need to operate for a few years. Maybe also need to hire some locals. Not easy.. :(

#29     Oct 17, 2018
  10. JKG77

JKG77

There is so called "Malaysia My Second Home program", but I heard the program was recently closed...

#30     Oct 17, 2018