Cheap way to move residency to Hong kong or Singapore

Discussion in 'Taxes and Accounting' started by JKG77, Oct 15, 2018.

1. They

They

I hope @Sig doesn't see this post he'll go all holier than though on your ass. :D

#11     Oct 16, 2018
  2. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

I've seen many do it...military, contract workers and older students. Regardless, can't debate about love.

wrbtrader

#12     Oct 16, 2018
  3. JKG77

JKG77

How does that help on the tax planning... I need a tax residency instead of being a digital Nomad.

#13     Oct 16, 2018
    schweiz likes this.
  4. JKG77

JKG77

dude.. i am married already, and i don't need to test trading for a living

#14     Oct 16, 2018
  5. schweiz

schweiz

People should stop believing this. It will not work. Go to any serious tax advisor and he will explain why.
    I know a lot of countries where you cannot stay 6 months, but only 3 month in every 6 month period. So staying 6 month is even impossible in a lot of countries.

#15     Oct 16, 2018
    d08 likes this.
  6. schweiz

schweiz

I am happy that you understand this already. Many here don't.
    Tax residency is the problem.

#16     Oct 16, 2018
  7. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Sorry dude...I didn't see your message post in this thread where you stated you're married or have a spouse.

As for the "testing of trading"...I wasn't referring to your trade method. I was referring to the availability of the internet, costs involved, connection speed to your broker and so on.

For example, I have a home in France and the U.S...the same computers has different requirements in France versus the U.S. and the connections to the broker are different too.

Good luck with the "cheap way" alternatives considering the word "cheap" implies you're concerned about the costs involved and you're trying to minimize it as much as possible including the costs involving tax obligations.

wrbtrader

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
    #17     Oct 16, 2018
  8. JKG77

JKG77

lol. If I am 20 years younger I would like your advice.

What are the "expensive" ways then, and how expensive? Nowadays i think it is impossible to buy the HK/Singapore residency (aka investment visa).

#18     Oct 16, 2018
  9. luisHK

luisHK

Last I checked about investment visas you were right, HK closed its capital Entrant scheme 3 or 4 years ago, Singapore even longer.
    You didn't select the easiest places to look for (tax) residency, nor cheap location to live.
    Easiest way to become resident in HK used to be to set up a company there and hire oneself as a director, I'm not reading much about this anymore on HK forums, quite possibly requirements have become more difficult. Read quickly about similar set ups in Singapore but that was years back, was mostly interested in Investment type visa when looking seriously in S'pore and the easiest schemes weren't valid anymore.
    There are easier countries in Asia to get residency (Malaysia, Philippines to begin with), there's quite a bit of information on this forum. Worth of note is some countries won't give you a tax identification number if you don't work and pay taxes there there, although you will be able to claim tax residency there on your international paperwork, and that might become a problem with some overseas banks in those times of CRS (speaking from experience)

#19     Oct 16, 2018
  10. dealmaker

dealmaker

I have not mentioned anything about tax. I addressed an easy, cheap way to move. What countries are you talking about eg one is able to get a visa to US for 6 months?

#20     Oct 16, 2018