Cheap way to buy Ethereum

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by lojze, Apr 29, 2017.

1. lojze

lojze

Which is cheap/wise way to buy Ethereum or other crypto currency?

2. just21

just21

How much do you pay per kw/h for electricity? Miners with the lowest cost electricity win the crypto game.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
  3. lojze

lojze

I would need to check.

But in order to mine a reasonable amount I need good PC, low electricity price, ... And then in one month I get how much Eth coins?

4. algofy

algofy

There are some calcs online, do some searching.

5. vanzandt

vanzandt

I'm seeing a trend here in this (cryptocurrency) forum for the last week....
    Everyone is taking an interest in buying crypto-currencies for an investment.
    images.jpg

6. Can someone please explain cloud mining for ETH to me? Genesis, for example, sells mining packages --2 years for $ xxx depending on MH/S--- I am not understanding how this works---- I pay $50.00 for 24 months and run a cloud based crypto mining operation?? something seems weird to me about this.

I can understanding buying/selling it for speculation , but cloud based mining? Why don't they just mine it themselves rather than sell subscriptions to the equipment--- is anyone doing this here-- ?

Can someone please fill in an old guy on this newfangled stuff? It looks legit, but obviously I am not understanding the business.

https://www.genesis-mining.com/dashboard

thanks!

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
    DTB2 likes this.
  7. DTB2

DTB2

I don't quite get it either surf.

8. jj90

jj90

Think of it as buying stock in say a gold miner.

9. Cuddles

Cuddles

I see it as crowd funding. You're buying into the mining operation to buy equipment & pay the electric bill. In return for your investment you get coins mined.

10. joederp

joederp

Interesting...anyone know of a good introduction to a simple payback model for mining costs of Ethereum, versus current market prices?

Starting with PC hardware, electricity costs, etc. is understood, but where are the intricacies of the mining process?

#10     Apr 30, 2017