Cheap stock broker for <100 shares / trade

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by shortbleu, Dec 21, 2011.

1. can you please clarify what the problems were please?

#11     Dec 21, 2011
  2. gaj

gaj

#12     Dec 21, 2011
  3. For free, you get what you get.

for value, I charge $3 a word. I used to charge $1 for two words, but that was just a promotional rate.

#13     Dec 21, 2011
  4. O'Leary

O'Leary

If I may, I’d like to take a quick moment out to clarify something pertinent to this thread.

The commission plan change Lightspeed has recently announced is ONLY applicable to our web trading application. This change DOES NOT pertain to pricing on Lightspeed Trader, our flagship platform for active traders, on which the current per-share commission plan is still available.

The large majority of our account holders use Lightspeed Trader, and are NOT IMPACTED in any way by the new Web Trader $3.00 per-trade pricing plan.

I would invite anyone who would like to discuss any related matters to contact us at 1-888-577-3123 or via contactus@lightspeed.com.

Thank you.

#14     Dec 22, 2011
  5. and lightspeed trader costs how much per month?

#15     Dec 22, 2011
  6. hey! i'm a pretty satisfied customer at speedtrader. hoodoo, why don't you like them? is there something i dont know??:confused:

#16     Dec 22, 2011
  7. rmorse

rmorse Sponsor

What do you like about them?

#17     Dec 22, 2011
  8. O'Leary

O'Leary

There's no "platform fee" per se, for using Lightspeed Trader.

To be clear, there are market data fees which can vary depending upon which marketplaces you wish to subscribe to, and whether you're categorized by the exchanges as a "professional" or "non - professional". These market data fees are charged by the exchanges themselves and Lightspeed simply passes along such charges to those traders incurring them.

There are also execution fees that are charged by the venues themselves for removing/adding liquidity, depending upon the scenario. These too are not Lightspeed fees, and like many firms, we post a schedule of such on our web site.

I hope this is clear enough.

#18     Dec 22, 2011
  9. i like the platform das trader pro and the customer support das provides. however, i'll admit, sometimes I have to contact speedtrader through e-mail AND telephone to get the answers i need

#19     Dec 22, 2011