Cheap, 'safe' drug kills most cancers

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by universaltrader, Apr 3, 2007.

1. It works on selective cell-lines. Some tumors are less dependent on glycolysis and hence will not be helped by inhibiting the Warburg effect. The carcinogenicity is linear dose dependent.

Dendreon's molecule is a band-aid. It will likely be approved because it's an immunotherapeutic and well tolerated. It's not the answer by a long shot.

#31     Apr 4, 2007
  2. Late night cable TV con artists.

#32     Apr 4, 2007
  3. I hope once the testing is done they really get a going with this whole movement. You know that if this can really cure cancer that a patent won't be able to stop them. I mean are you serious? THIS COULD BE THE CURE FOR CANCER.

#33     Apr 4, 2007
  4. horseman

horseman

There are more people making a living from cancer than there are dying from it. As a previous poster said "follow the money"

#34     Apr 4, 2007
  5. Yes, but the money is in 'treating it,' and not curing it.

Put people on medications for life: Profit maximization.

Cure it with a cheap vaccine: Antithesis of profit maximization.

Paint me cynical.

#35     Apr 4, 2007
  6. Yes, but if that's the way people are going to view things then eventually we will all die out because people are so greedy. This is ridiculous.

#36     Apr 6, 2007
  7. It seems remarkable that such a simple molecule hasn't been studied until now. Come on folks, this puppy has got 2 carbon atoms, 2 chlorines, 2 oxygens, and 1 hydrogen. Thats it! It's the acid in vinegar with two hydrogens replaced by 2 chlorines. Why wasn't this particular chemical studied 150 years ago? I guess I am skeptical.

#37     Apr 6, 2007
  8. I am wondering the same question.

#38     Apr 6, 2007
  9. maxpi

maxpi

#39     Apr 6, 2007
  10. Greed solves that problem. Someone with a real cure will undercut all the people with "treatments" that dont cure it.

#40     Apr 6, 2007