Cheap, 'safe' drug kills most cancers

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by universaltrader, Apr 3, 2007.

1. maxpi

maxpi

So far the only DCA results I have seen on humans was one case where the growth of a tumor was slowed.

I'm surprised how wide the chasm is between people that like natural healing and nutrition and the folks that "want something that's proven". We lost a relative to cancer this year. He wanted only "proven" stuff so he went with the doctor's suggestion and did the chemo/radiation. It might have been better than nothing, he had lung cancer and the symptoms were like a bad cold that would not go away with a really runny nose. About a week into the chemo he could only walk about 10 steps without resting and he never got better in that regard. I suppose if you are going to be bedridden until you croak that chemo is ok, but before the chemo he was taking care of business entirely on his own, after, he could not do his own shopping...

There are tests for cancer that give a 12 to 18 month's heads up supposedly. They are not supported by insurance but the way to go might be to use those tests and start the natural treatments with that much advance warning and you might never be ill at all.

Bill Sardi has a new book out on Cancer, I have not read it but I trust his research a LOT more than I trust a drug company's research.

I'm thinking that people's assumptions about how we got here are the biggest factor in thinking regarding health. Evolution says an unending stream of things about people but I base my thinking on the idea that God made us and then there was a huge flood that changed the Earth from what we were suited for. The nutritional value of food drastically changed at that time, meat was added to the diet in the book of Genesis, etc. anthropologists find that humans don't have the teeth or digestive system for meat eating and they also find that there is not a place on the earth that a vegetarian can get all the nutrition he needs, so they, in a left-handed compliment fashion, support the idea of the change in the nutritional value of the food supply. That leads me to seek nutrient dense foods like Chia Seeds, Flax seeds, range feed beef/chicken/eggs, legacy veggies/fruit, sea salt, supplements from a good source [not off the shelf at a drug store],etc. and to shun the garbage that Americans live on that has no nutrition at all like high fructose corn syrup, white flour, etc...

If your assumptions are bad all the logic in the world will not get you to a good conclusion, that is right out of philosophy 101 but people that can't get a good conclusion never check out their assumptions, instead they reinvent their logic continually.

#241     Sep 27, 2007
  2. Rocko1

Rocko1

Cancer definitely isn't caused from a lack of chemotherapy.

If you look through the side effects, doesn't chemo promote cancer growth? haha

#242     Sep 27, 2007
  3. maxpi

maxpi

Lorraine Day has a video out, or did a while back, about how she, a surgeon in a teaching hospital, refused chemo/rad for the reason of destruction to the immune system which is part of the cancer fighting ability. The doctors will sell the stuff but some won't take it, that says something .....

#243     Sep 27, 2007
  4. Coincidence that this thread pops up at this time. I just recently went to the dentist for my bi-annual cleaning and the dentist recommended that I do a test for cancer of the mouth, gums, tongue, etc. Only caveat was that it was not covered by the insurance. I have low risk since I have no history and do not smoke, but figured that I could do worse with $40. It's funny how the insurance programs (and the govt) will not cover a $40 cancer test that may prevent costly treatments in the future, but is willing to fork over thousands in treatments after the fact.

Goes to show who really is concerned for your health. Take control of your own healthcare. Sure as hell nobody else will.

Max - completely agree with your perspective on diet's relationship with cancer. Unfortunately, we are the minority.

On a related topic, I am also a big believer in cancer's link to external stress and a person's ability to handle that stress. Some aspects of this are difficult to address as you must essentially change the way one thinks, but other aspects are much easier. For example, massages, certain exercises, and even breathing correctly can alleviate stress levels. All this is of course "unproven", but I find it hard to believe that it is just a coincidence that most of the people I know that have debilitating illnesses were under an inordinant amount of stress during much of their life.

May be a wake up call to some traders....

#245     Nov 7, 2007
  5. when and if YOU are diagnosed with cancer (god forbid) and YOU are faced with the choice b/w EVIDENCE BASED medical practice OR I-net voodoo crank..

let's see which way you go THEN.. :/

#246     Nov 7, 2007
  6. Rocko1

Rocko1

You're assuming that he's too stupid to do the research on his own. Well most people ARE that stupid I suppose.

#247     Nov 7, 2007
  7. Considering that this thread began with DCA.....

Evangelos Michelekis has now raised over $800,000 to conduct Phase I and II clinical trials on DCA. This money has been raised entirely through donations from the general public. This is pretty impressive whether DCA turns out to be effective or not. Pharma would never touch this for propietary concerns so his intentions are certainly in the right place and hopefully it works out.

#248     Nov 7, 2007