Cheap Option Software

Discussion in 'Options' started by Maverick74, Nov 12, 2003.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

People keep asking me about what software I recommend for options trading. My top pick is still Optionvue. They are definitely the king. However their product cost thousands of dollars. I stumbled upon a cheap piece of software that I think would probably be more then enough for 80% of the people on this board. Check it out.

http://www.voptions.com/index.htm

And to top it off it's only $60 and you get free updates for life and free data downloads.

Good trading!

2. Maverick74

Maverick74

Here is another piece of software. Not as cheap as the first one but still not a bad product. This one is $300.

http://www.optionbrowser.com/

3. Can anyone here recommend a software system that would print out fair value sheets for options on futures contracts (gold, sugar,etc)? Thanks

4. Maverick74

Maverick74

Optionvue prints out fair value sheets.

5. Maverick74

Maverick74

Anybody have any experience with Essex Option Pro? It looks kind of cool. It's about 1500 with real time data which is cheaper then a lot of other programs. I still think Optionvue still appears to be the premier product on the market. Anyone else out there think they know of a better product. I am very interested in any other products that especially are good at scanning. Let me know.

6. Maverick check out windale.com. You'd probably be better off , learning a little VB or Excel VBA, and creating your own. Essex is a little rough around the edges,look and feel of old windows programs definitely not state of the art.

7. Maverick74

Maverick74

Yeah I thought the same thing too. I just liked the color coded matrix that showed all the options that were overpriced were red and all the ones underpriced were blue. That would really be easy to trade intra-day using that. That was the one feature I liked the most. I think my best bet is to just buy them all. LOL. It seems like each of these programs has maybe one or two unique things that the others don't have.

I wish I was proficient in Excel and VBA. I'm really a whore for good scanning software though. LOL.

8. I use Hoadley's stuff and it is defintely the best value-for-money out there. He's an Aussie, so hurry up and get it before the dollar falls even further.

#10     Nov 21, 2003