Cheap Option Commission

Discussion in 'Options' started by ajworth36, Dec 16, 2005.

1. zdreg

zdreg

what is the name of your firm and their rates. where is your blotter?
    if you don't want to post we all understand where you are coming from:)

#11     Dec 18, 2005
  2. show me less than 75 cent a contract uses box for improvment stable platform and a huge company with no vol requirments and i'll move

#12     Dec 18, 2005
  3. MTE

MTE

I didn't say you should move, I just pointed out that IB is not the only one routing orders to BOX.

#13     Dec 18, 2005
  4. zdreg

zdreg

we are still waiting for a copy of your blotter and the name of the broker. I suppose for a " lousy 30k" you get alot of "play" time with your wife:)

#14     Dec 19, 2005
  5. No broker is publicizing a rate of below $.75 per contract, nor would they want anyone broadcasting this, as 98% of their customers don't mind paying more.

Rates of below $.75 are made by limited brokers to limited customers. I have found 4 brokers since my posting in October
    who would offer such rates--each one
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=56440&goto=newpost --

I would give this information only to someone who does over 1,000 contracts per month, and only by phone--i.e. PM to exchange phone numbers.

P.s. Disclaimer: If you use the company I mentioned in the October posting, I would get an indirect personal benefit (so I paid Elite Trader $500 last month); otherwise, I would ask if you allow a broker friend of mine to refer the account, and they would get the benefit.

#15     Dec 19, 2005
  6. novel20

novel20

May be we should delete this thread?

Why couldn't the original poster post the name of the firm?

It is great to see him make $30k in one day, but that has nothing to do with me. :D

#16     Dec 19, 2005
  7. zdreg

zdreg

you don't know if he made 30 k that morning as he refuses to post his blotter after saying he would. he couldn't post the nameof the firm because he is still "playing" with his wife. and his kid is still on photo shop after 48hrs. he probably made more than 30k since his wife is still allowing him to "play" with her.
    that is the way he describes his family's activities

#17     Dec 19, 2005
  8. novel20

novel20

:D :D :D

#18     Dec 19, 2005
  9. nitro

nitro

I assure you that metoo means what he says. The point is that the rate only applies to volume traders.

nitro

#19     Dec 19, 2005
  10. Thank you for providing assurances about metoo's intentions. I wasn't sure whom to trust until now.

My question is, why bother? A number of people have negotiated far superior rates with IB and Tradestation, and posted about it here. It's no secret that volume traders can get better prices.

Why go to some "secret" broker, whose name the proponents will not speak for fear they won't get their Ponzi-esque reward?

It seems pretty disingenuous to publicly promote an unnamed broker to benefit yourself. Why not post ads? Why not pump and dump your positions? The line between the two is awefully thin.

My point is simply that a broker needs to have more then good rates--it needs to be respectable. Besides, anyone who can hurdle the vague "contract volume" filter imposed by a surreptitious beneficiary should already know they can negotiate.

#20     Dec 20, 2005